• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Just had my left eye operated on this morning and it was so easy and releaxing even. The eye patch will come off after noon today amd my vision will be blurry for a couple of days but after that I will see even better and may not even need glasses anymore. On the 29th I will have the right eye done. They mplant lenses in your eyes now which is why it ends up so good with your vision.

#2 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

glad to hear it went well, hope the other eye operation is even more relaxing! smile.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

thanks, Chris, since you are an artist too I know you understand how devasting it would be for me to go blind. I snuck the patch off a few minutes ago for a peek and I can't belive how bright everything looked.

#4 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

glad this is working out for you and good luck with eye 2

forumsig.png

#5 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Happy recovery, Lucinda! smile.gif

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Thanks, Keith and Andy. It is amazing, I can see better without my glasses now with just the left eye done and the blurryness has gone away. Can't wait for the right eye to be done.

#7 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Lucinda,

I'm glad to hear you've had successful surgery. I don't know what I would do without my eyesight.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Thanks Corthew, yes I feel the same way, I don't know how I would go on without being able to see because reading is one of my favorite activities as well as making art and making movies.

#9 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

wow, I thought that it was very quiet around without your work! I didn't know you had any eye sight problems..

I hope that you are resting and its going to be all better and perfect, any surgery is serious! Heal well and I hope it helps you to see even better than ever before.

Take care!
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#10 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

Glad it went well Luci.

Amazed you describe the procedure as relaxing. I am very grateful for our NHS but couldn't describe any part of it which I have encountered as relaxing!

...more like this...

I always feel the way sheep seem to after dipping. They know it actually isn't meant to harm them, but they are very glad it is over.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Alteregotrip. Well actually my eyesight wasn't bad. I just haven't put any films up because I have been working non stop on the bombing scene for Vautrin which is the most difficult scene I have ever done. It has taken me months just to do this.

Very funny KKFFOO, well I was surprised it was so relaxing because I was really scared I would end up blind. But I also have 17 year old twins and I have to get up at 6:00 AM every day to get them off to school so having surgery at 7:20 AM, I was really still sleepy and dozed all the way through it even though I only had a local anathesia.

I know you have kids so you know what I mean, it is a chore especially with my daughter who does not want to go to school or get up at all.

#12 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Well you did very well!

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thanks KKFFOO. I feel very lucky but actually they have really improved cataract surgery now because they implant a lens and it is remarkable how well it works so you don't need those heavy thick glasses anymore.

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Had my right eye done this morning. It was a breeze and I have 20/20 vision in my left eye now and my right eye will have that too. It is truely a miracle what can be done in surgery today. And it was all outatient surgery. Didn't even have to be put to sleep. Worst part was not being able to eat or drink after midnight last night so I didn't get m coffee this morning but I am having it now.

#15 162

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Take it easy! (I shall keep you in my thoughts!)

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Thanks 162. The right eye is doing great now and my sight is great in that one too.