• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

My hard rock / heavy metal band has released an album with 11 songs. It's on creative commons so I encourage all of you to use it in your movies. (BTW I'm currently making a video to one of the songs using Moviestorm).

Anyway... I think of doing instrumental version of the album, especially for moviemakers etc.. However it's a bit of hassle, so I wonder - does anybody needs that kind of stuff? Let me know!

You can get the album from our page (including FLAC version) or Jamendo (mp3/ogg).
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/101763

http://nihilquest.com

Listening on line is also available... Everywhere.

Attached Files

#2 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Just listening on jamendo now - great sound and superb lead vocalist - is that your voice rip?

Metal tracks have been used for movies here - I used one myself on Rest In Peace (sorry for the shameless plug wink.gif ), but I'm not sure whether instrumental versions would be used any more than tracks with vocals.

I can see myself using some of these tracks for closing credits, for sure.

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#3 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Excellent stuff! Went to your main site and listened to "Man Made Hell" and it sold me...excellent song! Downloaded and not only do I intend to use them in the future, but they'll probably make their way to my ipod. Thanks!

#4 steve3416

steve3416

Director

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Very nice album and I second Armanus on the song "Man Made Hell". I loved it as well as the video "(Also Sprach)" Franky video.
I would love to see the final Moviestorm video that you are using one of your songs for. Don't forget to let us know when you get it uploaded.

#5 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

I like to make classic kind of music videos with singers and stuff but the price on jamendo stuff scares me away lol.

right now i tend to use stuff i find that is ccc that sounds semi decent

#6 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Thank you all for comments and compliments. Yes that's my voice. I will definitely post the video in here when I'll finish. It's maybe 70% Moviestorm and 30% live action with some blending of the two so I'm sure it will be of interest even to people who don't like heavy metal or are not interested in music videos.

If any of your work using NQ will end up on YouTube, please let me know I'd love to add it to our playlist there.

BTW I already used some of this music in my movie Chopin Quest (Moviestorm as well: ), although that was a very different animal.

urbanlamb, I'm not sure if you are referring to our release, but you can use it for free. Well, unless you're making a Hollywood blockbuster but even then our prices should be reasonable ; )

#7 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

oh no not your release when I first went to jamendo they seemed to have only the royalty free kind that costs and arm and a leg since you posted that link i found the CCC stuff. Which as an amateur its really just for fun. I looked at your stuff I will make a couple of videos from it when I get a chance for some reason I enjoy doing what would amount to "a music video" with any music I can find that is well done.

The prices i was looking at were something like 1,000 bucks because I wanted to post the video on youtube which I just well its where I put my stuff is all smile.gif

#8 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Here it is:

http://www.moviestor...showtopic=12437

#9 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

I like very much your voice. "Man Made Hell" is my favorite :)

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#10 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

I'm very glad to hear that. Like us on Facebook, we have have a second album coming in a few months.

https://www.facebook.com/NihilQuest/

#11 Schmidt

Schmidt

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:49 PM

Great Music,

reminds me to Black Sabbath and Pantera.

Anschiss - Fußball Manager, a Football (Soccer) Management Simulation in German, I make with the help of Moviestorm B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users