• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 playerselite42

playerselite42

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hey guys. I currently have a movie plot in mind that I haven't put into works yet. I have been trying to for the past two months but couldn't get anything. I need a moviestorm expertise who specializes in action, use of guns, and drama. Please reply if anyone is interested to direct this film.
laugh.gif

#2 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

When asking for help, whether it be to make a film, asking about how to do something or just general questions, it does help to give as much information as possible.

When asking for someone else to direct a film, some of the things you should include is how big the project is, what the genre is (some people specialize in certain areas), what time frame you are looking at for completion how much control do they have and how much control you have, links to any past works you have done (since you are fairly new), etc.

Just asking for someone to direct something that you have thought about won't get you many responses.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well I have two full length feature films to do right now and I am also doing some paid video work but when I get time, if you could send me the script, I would read it and see what I could do with the movie. A lot of writers submit scripts to me. Now when I make a movie, it is a commercial movie and I have DVD's for sale on Amazon and the movies also go on IMDB.

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 26 2013, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of writers submit scripts to me. Now when I make a movie, it is a commercial movie and I have DVD's for sale on Amazon and the movies also go on IMDB.

For the love of God, just put this in your signature instead of constantly posting it!

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Primaveranz, I was just explaining to him why I am so busy all the time and why I will have to wait a few months before I could start on his movie.

#6 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (playerselite42 @ Apr 25 2013, 2:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys. I currently have a movie plot in mind that I haven't put into works yet. I have been trying to for the past two months but couldn't get anything. I need a moviestorm expertise who specializes in action, use of guns, and drama. Please reply if anyone is interested to direct this film.
laugh.gif

Hi John, (I assume that's correct)

forgive me, but lots of newcomers dream of their full-feature films (I was one of 'em laugh.gif). In 2 months you have hardly scratched the surface of this magnificent app.

You surely need an expert for accomplishing a feature! As Harb40 mentioned you gave little details. What's your name? Is this film commercial? Is the work for fun or for pay? Do you have a script? Etc. -- You see what I mean!?

I'm a freelance filmmaker and available. I use blender for action scenes that are impossible or difficult in Moviestorm.

Love and success,
Arthur smile.gif

#7 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I notice that your starting point is the duration of the film.

The length of a film should only be determined by the time needed to tell the story. If you stick to this, you won't go wrong.

All too often we see movies being created where the director has a fixation on how long the movie should be. In this case, quality is the first victim; quality in terms of set building, dialog recording, sound mixing, camera shots etc.

In fact I have never seen a feature length Moviestorm movie that was any good.

Why not write your script and then focus on just one scene in your movie and shoot it to the highest quality possible (I'm not talking about resolution, I'm talking about quality of execution)? Then, once satisfied move onto the next scene and do likewise.

Just to set your expectation - we all work at a different pace, but for me it typically takes 3 months to create 5 minutes of footage. I reckon making Moviestorm movies is a bit like making whisky; the longer it takes you the better the final product.

#8 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Apr 26 2013, 3:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to set your expectation - we all work at a different pace, but for me it typically takes 3 months to create 5 minutes of footage. I reckon making Moviestorm movies is a bit like making whisky; the longer it takes you the better the final product.

Moviestorm Whiskey? Now THERE'S some revenue! (Sage advice, though)

#9 shaman

shaman

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (playerselite42 @ Apr 25 2013, 2:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

Are you still doing this project?

If so, I can read the script and take it from there if you want. I'm currently making my own feature-length Moviestorm movie, but I can help you. If you still want to do it, you can PM me with more information.

Regards,
Shaman