• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

We are currently working with Ralph Sherman to develop some materials that demonstrate Moviestorm's suitability as a blended learning tool, capable of 'flipping the classroom'. It is key to our future education offering, and we hope to finish mid-January.
We have a rough plan for what we want to achieve, but knowing our limitations, we would benefit greatly from some scriptwriting collaboration. It is not a paid gig, but also not an onerous one. Muchos kudos and also involvement in a very interesting project looking at the forefront of educational practice.
We want to develop one story, based around a student, which can also be told from a teacher's and administrator's perspective.
If you are interested, please let me know.
Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#2 xtramator

xtramator

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I will be collaborating on this with MS and you, the script writer, to develop, produce and distribute this screenplay to educators (teachers & administrators) and students, who are interested in project based learning and using graphic arts tools, such as MS to create educational videos. We are offering an opportunity to collaborate on this project in part to demonstrate the potential of working on MS projects through the internet.

#3 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

I am a playwright and screenwriter, and would be interested in collaborating in the project. As an add-on, I usually work in Celtx, the free script-writing tool which also has (for a small fee) online collaborative spaces for teams working on a script or a full production.

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff

#4 xtramator

xtramator

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thank you cottage14 for stepping forward to work on this project. I know about Celtex but have never used it. I am open to using it from the standpoint that it is an industry accepted and widely used program that may very well serve our interest and those of the students and teachers who want to learn and use professional grade tool. It certainly should be one of the tools we suggest that they consider learning, especially if they plan on working in the industry professionally. That aside, lets get together ASAP to start work. We can decide what tools to use then. Perhaps a combination of yours, mine and Edwards, after all this is a proof of concept collaboration. I understand that each one has their own skill sets and work patterns. As our team expands, each member will be best served by their own tools. Our task is to leverage those skill sets and create something greater than simply the sum of its parts. This synergy is what project based learning is all about. As a way to get started please contact me ASAP at my Skype address ralph.l.sherman. I will be looking for you there. Then we can work out the details.

#5 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Looking forward to this!

I have a studio account with Celtx that we could use to demonstrate collaborative work using that tool, if that falls into the plan.

Responded to you directly about Skype.

Andrew

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff