• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supermep

supermep

Master Director

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

Hey all just my two cents on getting the most out of moviestorm even on a slower computer(like mine)

Sometimes when I have two or more characters on the set with a lot of gestures or if I attach a video file to a tv (which I do often) moviestorm slows down to almost unusable speeds.

But I found that by a simple control-alt-delete and setting the priority to High for MS's exe (which is through Java) that it worked much faster.

Anyone else used this to speed up MS?

I also noticed it would help with rendering if I turn on shadows just before a render. I rendered the same 3:00 movie without changing the priority and it took 15 mins but with the priority changed to high it only took 8 mins.

*ponders*

#2 04wakerm

04wakerm

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

blink.gif How do I set it as high? I went on task manager but found no high/low option sad.gif huh.gif cheers

#3 Jason3

Jason3

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

The easiest way is to right-click on Moviestorm in the "Applications" tab. Choose "Go To Process", which will switch to the "Processes" tab, with the correct javaw.exe process highlighted. Right-click on that and choose "Set Priority", then "High" or "Above Normal". Don't choose "Realtime" - that can cause problems with your PC. The above is for Windows Vista; I'm not sure if it's exactly the same on other versions of Windows, but it will be similar.

#4 supermep

supermep

Master Director

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

This works for Windows 2000-Vista.

biggrin.gif

And you are very right about not setting it to real time. It just causes your computer to hang.

I stick with high, or above normal if I'm listening to music. But im sitting next to my new laptop. I can't wait to see how MS works on it. But I gotta transfer 80 gigs of files first.... with a 4 gig flash drive!!!!

I'm gonna be busy for awhile.... blink.gif