• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I changed the lighting again because the part where the raccoon is involved, is too dark and also the part where the werewolf is outside walking towards the store is too dark but I have not rendered it yet as I am working on something else right now.

#42 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 30 2013, 1:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally agree with Ice. You still haven't fixed the video. It's worse!

Looks like you've got someone in your corner, "Ice". The only way to go from there is up, I suppose. rolleyes.gif
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#43 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 30 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like you've got someone in your corner, "Ice". The only way to go from there is up, I suppose. rolleyes.gif

Very funny, you made me laugh at this.

#44 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 30 2013, 4:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very funny, you made me laugh at this.

Glad you liked it.

So for your scene, try something like this to start:

http://i.imgur.com/llfWzTn.jpg

When the guy gets up, have him turn on a lamp. Your bedroom scene is now lit ip enough to see your characters. Do a separate scene in the MS script editor for the store. When he walks in, it's still moonlit. He turns on the store lights and that causes your raccoon to react and run off. Now all your interiors are lit and your lighting problems are solved. Now your audience will clearly see what's happened to the wife.

For the outside werewolf scene, just use the same moonlight preset.

If you imagine your scene as a real world scenario, I think that would help you a great deal. You hear a noise in your home late at night. It's dark in your bedroom, so what do you do? You sit up in bed and maybe turn on a light and so on.
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

#45 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 30 2013, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you liked it.

So for your scene, try something like this to start:

http://i.imgur.com/llfWzTn.jpg

When the guy gets up, have him turn on a lamp. Your bedroom scene is now lit ip enough to see your characters. Do a separate scene in the MS script editor for the store. When he walks in, it's still moonlit. He turns on the store lights and that causes your raccoon to react and run off. Now all your interiors are lit and your lighting problems are solved. Now your audience will clearly see what's happened to the wife.

For the outside werewolf scene, just use the same moonlight preset.

If you imagine your scene as a real world scenario, I think that would help you a great deal. You hear a noise in your home late at night. It's dark in your bedroom, so what do you do? You sit up in bed and maybe turn on a light and so on.

Good idea.I will do this.

#46 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

vphilly, if you send me a private message and give me your full name, I will add you to the IMDB list for Lumberton Lake as a technical advisor because you have been really helpful and nice to me.

#47 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 30 2013, 7:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vphilly, if you send me a private message and give me your full name, I will add you to the IMDB list for Lumberton Lake as a technical advisor because you have been really helpful and nice to me.

Oh that's not necessary, Lucinda. We're all here to help each other be better at this MS thing. I'm glad I could help. Besides, there were some helpful suggestions from some others as well. Good luck with your scene.

#48 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 30 2013, 2:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh that's not necessary, Lucinda. We're all here to help each other be better at this MS thing. I'm glad I could help. Besides, there were some helpful suggestions from some others as well. Good luck with your scene.

Well that would give you a free page on IMDBand I would really like to have you in the credits. You have been the nicest and the most help of anyone,other than the staff here at Moviestorm.

#49 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Phil - It's not always we get a new person on the scene who has your expertise and is actively friendly and helpful as well. You've set a standard which we all should strive to meet. I think you should take Lucinda up on her offer as you've certainly earned it.

Bravo, Sir! Well done!

#50 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Apr 30 2013, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phil - It's not always we get a new person on the scene who has your expertise and is actively friendly and helpful as well. You've set a standard which we all should strive to meet. I think you should take Lucinda up on her offer as you've certainly earned it.

Bravo, Sir! Well done!

Why Nahton, I'm blushing now. You smooth talker you! wub.gif rolleyes.gif

#51 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 30 2013, 8:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that would give you a free page on IMDBand I would really like to have you in the credits. You have been the nicest and the most help of anyone,other than the staff here at Moviestorm.

Lucinda, I appreciate it very much but as I said, it ain't necessary. I was happy to help. Just consider it a thank you for promoting my movies on your Facebook page.

#52 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 30 2013, 5:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucinda, I appreciate it very much but as I said, it ain't necessary. I was happy to help. Just consider it a thank you for promoting my movies on your Facebook page.

Well okay but it would also be an advantage to you to be listed on IMDB.

#53 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Did you remember to give Quasimodder a page L, do you remember you used some of his mods in a movie? He was asking a month or so ago and I meant to remind you if it came up again.

#54 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ May 1 2013, 1:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you remember to give Quasimodder a page L, do you remember you used some of his mods in a movie? He was asking a month or so ago and I meant to remind you if it came up again.

Well I would if he would write me a private email and give me his real name. I need that to add him to the IMDB credits and get him a page.

#55 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

I sent Quasi a pm with a link to your post, I wonder if he hasn't understood. His English can be a bit erratic at times.
Apologies for going off topic.

I'm enjoying Vphilly's tips as well!

#56 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ May 1 2013, 9:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sent Quasi a pm with a link to your post, I wonder if he hasn't understood. His English can be a bit erratic at times.
Apologies for going off topic.

I'm enjoying Vphilly's tips as well!

Thanks, I don't think I used any of his models in my other movies that are on IMDB but I am using some of his in Lumberton Lake and that will be on IMDB.

#57 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Still having lighting problems. I changed the lighting and redid the first scene and it looks perfect in Moviestorm but when I import it into Sony Vegas, the lighting is too dark. I don't know if there are settings in Sony Vegas I can change or not or if it is just my monitor.

#58 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Redid the lighting again and am re-rendering in Sony Vegas. Hoping this one comes out right.

#59 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Redid the scene and improved the lighting a lot and also added a couple more scenes.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=109245