• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MerryPaw

MerryPaw

Novice director

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

I have been going through the instructions on how to use the Mod Workshop in the Wiki and can't make heads or tails of it, is the article outdated? I am using my favorite modeler, not Sketchup.

It seems the Workshop 'tree' has changed since the article was written, a bit confusion where to add new folders. Any help would be appreciated.
Windows 7, 3D Game Asset Artist, Novice Movemaker

#2 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (MerryPaw @ Jan 19 2011, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been going through the instructions on how to use the Mod Workshop in the Wiki and can't make heads or tails of it, is the article outdated? I am using my favorite modeler, not Sketchup.

It seems the Workshop 'tree' has changed since the article was written, a bit confusion where to add new folders. Any help would be appreciated.

What software are you using? the only guide we have written is for Milkshape which you should find pinned in the main modding forum. It's workflow (once you have your model set up) is fairly relevant to whichever package you use.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#3 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

I did a tutorial for basic use of the mod shop, with sketchuo models, if you havent got sketchup, it is well worth getting and its free, the link to my tutorial is in my signiture

forumsig.png

#4 MerryPaw

MerryPaw

Novice director

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:53 AM

I use a great little program called AC3D but I can use Sketchup as well, will download it and go to work.

#5 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

I suspect that the biggest change since some of that was written is that now some of the files are separated over two addons; the addons normally distributed with Moviestorm have things left out of them, but they can be found in the ModdersWorkshop.addon which is a separate download.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#6 MerryPaw

MerryPaw

Novice director

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

For now till I get the hang of the file system Ill just use Sketchup.