4 replies to this topic

#1 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hi guys,

Apologies for the recent problems you've been having with the movies you've uploaded, where the audio becomes out of synch with the video; the problem seems to be with encoding.com, who have been handling the encoding of our streaming video automatically for the past 5 months or so. We're not sure why this is happening now, because according to their site nothing has changed recently. We are going to be changing our automatic encoder at some point in the near future, but for the time being we're going to have to transcode movies manually again. If your movie has audio that's out of synch, I'll fix it as soon as I notice it, but bear in mind that I'm only one person!

Thanks for your patience.
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#2 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

Thanks, Synnah!

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Yes I had a problem last night in that I uploaded a small movie in WMV format and after it supposedly finished encoding it, it just could not play anything. Then the server crashed here for about two hours. When it came back up, I reuploaded the move after watching it again to make sure there was nothing wrong and it did the same thing. Finally I encoded it myself into FLash and it played fine except that the buffering is so slow and it isn't that large a file.

My other movies are playing fine. It is just this one I uploaded last night. Should I reduce the resolution again and try it again?

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

I went ahead and did a flash with 512 X 288 resolution and a lower bitrate and it is moving nicely. Not as good a resolution as the other one but it does work and does play immediately. I use a free flash converter from http://dvdvideosoft.com to encode my videos. You don't get really good resolution anywhere but here when you encode your own into Flash though so I don't use it very much.

#5 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

Okay, it seems like movie encoding is working fine again. We apologise for the inconvenience caused over the weekend; if there are any movies which still have audio that is out of synch in the streaming version, please let me know, and I'll fix it. Thanks!
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke