#1 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

It's finally here....

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1657

I would, however, suggest you'll watch the version uploaded to TMU (much higher quality, you can watch full screen)

http://www.tmundergr...9e/Saving-Grace

or download the high-res divx file from here:

http://www.tmo-hi-re...avingGrace.html

The Earth is dying. The population is living underground.

In an attempt to find a new home for humanity, teams of one human and one Artificial Intelligence Companion are send out into the vastness of space.....

This is the story of Grace.

Full credits on TMU (and at the end of the film).

I hope you'll enjoy! smile.gif

#2 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

It's starting to feel odd using all the superlatives to describe peoples movies, but there are so many that are so deserving - and this is just another to join the growing list of films that feel like something else all together - like, not Machinima, or Moviestorm, but more like real movies.

Sisch, this was absolutely amazing. I can tell all the hard work you must have put into this and it really paid off. Congratulations on this fantastic movie! Thank you for making this and for sharing it with us all.

#3 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

Crikey!

That's proper cinema, that is.

If I create anything half that good one day, I'll be very happy indeed.

PN

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#4 drudges

drudges

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

Brilliant sisch. Great story, great sets great everything. Very well done. Your voice acting is superb.
Current main project 'REVENGE'

'A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man'

#5 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:41 AM

Congrats! It was fun to see a couple of my costume mods were useful!

#6 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

(willshetterly)
Congrats! It was fun to see a couple of my costume mods were useful!

Ooooh no I didn't credit you! Sorry, sorry, sorry!!! :cry:

I'll add your name right now to the movie description on TMU.... I'm so sorry! Thought I had everyone written down...

#7 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

Not to worry! I only mentioned it because I've been thinking that as more and more modders provide addons, it's going to be harder and harder to be sure to credit everyone. I don't know what the best solution is. One possibility would be to create something like a club web page, say, oh, the Moviestorm Mod Squad. And then all the modders could be listed there, and in our credits, we could just say "Additional mods by the Moviestorm Modders" and people could track down who has done what by visiting the web page. It might be a page in the wiki. I dunno.

But for now, what's important is you did great work!

#8 TFoster

TFoster

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

I must of seen this movie four times by now and it doesn't get boring! tongue.gif

This is the best Moviestorm movie....and it will be a long time before anyone on MS can match it...and so now the movie-making bar for MS has increased...just everything about it is so good, if all we should be paying to see it!!! biggrin.gif .... don't get any ideas now Sisch tongue.gif

Well done Sisch!...can't wait for your next Moviestorm movie! smile.gif

#9 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Brilliantly done, Sisch! Loved it!

#10 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

Just logged in quickly just to say how much I enjoyed watching Saving Grace, a really entertaining movie.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#11 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

(willshetterly)
Not to worry! I only mentioned it because I've been thinking that as more and more modders provide addons, it's going to be harder and harder to be sure to credit everyone. I don't know what the best solution is. One possibility would be to create something like a club web page, say, oh, the Moviestorm Mod Squad. And then all the modders could be listed there, and in our credits, we could just say "Additional mods by the Moviestorm Modders" and people could track down who has done what by visiting the web page. It might be a page in the wiki. I dunno.

But for now, what's important is you did great work!

That is a great idea - I think wiki pages for each modder, with pictures of their work would help loads!
Believe me, I always want to credit everyone whose work is shown in my movies - I think credits are their due, for all their hard and wonderful work!

In the case of TM, I always put the names of the creators on the downloads, so I always know who made what - this is not possible for MS because the software wouldn't recognize the mod then. I will make a list now with a short description for every mod I download - I'm guessing that the more modders will come, the harder it will get to keep track otherwise...
so pages with pictures and short descriptions would be great (though a lot of work, too).

As I'm thinking of entering "Grace" into every machinima festival where it fits next year, I will most likely redo the credits - so you will be included!
If anyone else sees something that wasn't made by Davidwww, Will or Reptor, please let me know!

And thanks for all your wonderful comments - this is my nicest christmas present! smile.gif

#12 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

Absolutely stunning work Sisch. High quality stuff from A to Z.

Last week BA, now you. It seems that every week someone pushes the bar that little bit higher, inspiring us to take things as far as we can with Moviestorm.

I hope that I'll come up with something as good one day. This is inspiring.
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#13 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Thank you, Lux! smile.gif

If anyone is interested in hearing me ramble about "Saving Grace", please tune into the Ken & Roger show this afternoon (I think it's afternoon for most of you) - the official thread with air-times and links to the stream and the chat room:

TMOA Sunday - 28the December 2008 - 10 Hours of Mayhem!

The guest line-up also includes AnimaTechnica, who does beautiful things with iClone; Biggstrek, well known around here, too; and Chris62, MefuneAkira and Jase180 (all of them as of now TM movie makers).
smile.gif

#14 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for all the reviews and comments so far - if you haven't seen it yet, give it a try - I know it's long, but I think you'll like it. smile.gif

#15 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

Beautifully done. I was as impressed with the music as any other facet. Can we hope to eventually see Grace awaken?

As to crediting a Modder, I'd not want to be credited as a group name so here's a solution- when you create an Addon, put a notepad document with your info in it.