• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stormscape

Stormscape

Master Director

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:18 AM

For a couple days now, every once in a while when I click on a thread in this forum, I get google's malware warning. I thought I ought to say something about it.

I've attached a screenshot:

Attached Files

#2 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

I'm getting these too.

#3 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Thanks - we've let Lucinda know and are looking into it.
The Moviestorm Team

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 4 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks - we've let Lucinda know and are looking into it.

YOu didn't say a thing to me about this. I was getting the same thing when I tried to get into my own email at my own site which I pay a few hundred dollars a year to own. There is nothing there that would cause a problem at all I only use it for storage for images and to pass voice files to people who have wanted me to act in their movies. No one else can upload there.

#5 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

It seems to be sorted now - thanks for bringing this to our attention, and thanks to Lucinda for dealing with it so quickly.
The Moviestorm Team

#6 lucindamcnary

lucindamcnary

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 4 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems to be sorted now - thanks for bringing this to our attention, and thanks to Lucinda for dealing with it so quickly.

I don't know what it was. It must have been someone else using 50megs.com for their site that was causing problems. Or it could have been Google trying to interfere with a competitive server -- 50megs.com. Also we just rented our house in St. Louis and I disconnect the phone there not knowing that my husband had the DSL account for both homes tied to the St. Louis phone number, so Monday our DSL went down until he called and got it straighted out. I got the error message because of noscript on Firefox and I couldn't get into my email. So I am sure it was just a glitch. The problem now is that because I thought it was my email address, I removed my email address from my account so now I can't use my lucindamc123 account. Unless it can be fixed, I will just start again with new uploads with this new account I just got here.

But it did not seem to affect the Moviestorm software. It is still logging me in when I open up the program.

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

Thanks to Lisa, I can now get back in under my regular account. Oh if anyone is downloading my mods and gets that malware message, please let me know which addon you tried to download and I can remove that addon, scan it for malware and viruses and reupload it. I appreciate that. I get lots of my mods there.

#8 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I had the sudden urge to buy kitchens, and thought you might like to know about it.

#9 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lucinda sells {please do not advertise kitchens}s? blink.gif

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I am not advertising anything. All my addons are free.

#11 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 13 2013, 9:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not advertising anything.

Yes, you do advertise yourself. And they were just kidding. laugh.gif

But that's not what I wanted to say -- actually I did because I'm cheeky wink.gif -- I just want to encourage Lucinda to change her homepage. Lucinda, I opened your page and a very ugly 50megs ad appears. If I check the source code it's full of scripts. This is something crawlers are always very suspicious about. Maybe that's the background for all that malware warnings.

You should be able to upload your own website, are you not? If you need a neat one-page site I'll be glad to make one for you that you can upload to get rid of that ugly ads.

Arthur smile.gif

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (ArthurVKuhrmeier @ May 13 2013, 5:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, you do advertise yourself. And they were just kidding. laugh.gif

But that's not what I wanted to say -- actually I did because I'm cheeky wink.gif -- I just want to encourage Lucinda to change her homepage. Lucinda, I opened your page and a very ugly 50megs ad appears. If I check the source code it's full of scripts. This is something crawlers are always very suspicious about. Maybe that's the background for all that malware warnings.

You should be able to upload your own website, are you not? If you need a neat one-page site I'll be glad to make one for you that you can upload to get rid of that ugly ads.

Arthur smile.gif

Yes my website lucindamc123.com is broken and I don't know how to fix it. I didn't think I had it listed anymore in my profile.