• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

A bit too bright though. Are there settings I can adjust background color with?

Is everyone seeing this? Very white, very large area. Right now the box I'm typing into is about half as tall and 3/4th's as wide as the screen.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#2 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

The background doesn't look too white to me (unless it was changed since you made the comment), but I will say that the contrast is more stark now that the black banner takes up the top 4th of the screen or so.  That said,  I wouldn't mind if the background were darker or if the contrast was toned down a little.

Overall I like the new look.  I think it looks more current and has a more elegant style.     I expect there will be an initial period of tweaks and adjustments but overall I think it is a big improvement.   I was never a fan of that garish orange -- its been a bad life for orange. :)

#3 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

If they dropped it to a more mellow tone it would be easier to look at. Perhaps parchment or light creamy yellow.

The contrast is due to the wrong color selected for the text fields' background.

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#4 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

I just discovered the contrast on my monitor was set too high. When I lowered it I see the background is a light pale blue which isn't bad.

I guess other sites I visit have color schemes that balanced the high contrast setting.

#5 jimthehermit

jimthehermit

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Light orange on white is not easy on the eyes

#6 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

The new look to the forums is interesting and too me, looks better than the old forums.

I temporary put any work with Moviestorm on hold until my replacement parts arrive for my computer, my motherboard is showing signs of possible defect (usb ports working on day and not the next. Sound port on motheboard went out for over a month and then started working). Have an Asrock 970 Performance motherboard and AMD FX 9590 CPU (4.7 GHZ) coming for Newegg and a CPU water cooler coming from Amazon.com.