8 replies to this topic

#1 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Starting to feel dejected; putting so much effort into making my films with so very little feedback and hardly any audience - oh well I tried

#2 thetruedjz

thetruedjz

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Don't worry about feedback. Do you enjoy making your animations? I enjoyed what I created. Wish I had more time now to work on animations. The beauty of Moviestorm is that you can do what you want and don't have to give a damn what anybody else thinks. Hang in there, buddy. :)

#3 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Oh, please don't quit! During the past four years, I've posted many of my movies, and lots of folks within the moviestorm community will not watch them at all. My viewership counts are low. Look past that and just enjoy your creativity. :D

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#4 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

Hey, thanks guys, I will carry on I just wished the whole 'Moviestorm' Universe would pull together a bit more

#5 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

There is only one person that should like watching your movie, and that is you. The best part of making a movie is making it and see it come together from thought to the screen. everything else is topping on the cake. Do not quit. :)

#6 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

MS forums have always been kinda cold. I posted a useful tutorial here once, it got over 2500 views and not a single thank you. That put me off the MS forums for a long time, but there are some really decent, good people here too, and the a-holes will win if we all step back forever. Robin Williams once said, "Joke them if they cant take a f*ck".There some really nice people here, and there are lots of "filmies" as i call them, who are basically snobs... i got that term from when i was an extra in a few tv shows being filmed around Toronto.
If youre looking for company, try TMU, which has a (albeit shrinking) friendly community, or better, show your flicks at a real venue like a coffeeshop or club, more and more of them have projection systems. I showed my first machinima film at a local library; if youre persistent, more locals will see your work and you could enjoy some real support and even participation. Ultimately though, you do it for yourself, hopefully in the spirit of Jodorowsky.
Post your flicks to additional servers, so folks who cant watch MS hosted flicks on their mobiles can still see them
Best wishes

#7 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

I actually feel better having said what I said because the few replies that I've had have bolstered my confidence and determination, and 'bongo man' you hit the nail on the head really as do the other commenters and so I'll persevere and keep churning out my films and trying to improve on them each time I produce one.

#8 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

I can recommend TMU, especially as the owner is getting ready to reinvest in updating the whole site. There's a wider range of machinima makers there, from GTA to sims, to iclone etc etc as well as stormers. It also depends on your expectations. Most people who watch don't comment.

#9 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

Has anyone ever told you, you look like Leonard Nimoy? :lol:

Hang in there. your stuffs getting better and better. 

And as most people have stated who cares what people think! :angry:

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--