1 reply to this topic

#1 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:55 PM

How do Blender - I-clone etc rate against Moviestorm for film making ease and quality

#2 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

For Quality Both, Blender &- I-clone are Superior To Movie storm, on a TEN STAR quality rating system:

Moviestorm  4stars ****

I-Clone         6stars ******        it's got more lighting and shader options Comes with ready to use animations and you can easily make your own animations

Blender      10stars ********** - lets face it if your skill level is that of a Pixar Animator you could re-create Toy story with blender

For ease of Use Moviestorm Can't be beat

Moviestorm 10stars ********** The easiest Interface on the planet

I-Clone          6stars ******      Farly simple But there are those who would like I-Clone Merge With Moviestorm for it's easy to use interface

Blender         1stars *            I recommend a 5 Year University Level - 3D Geometry, Texturing, & Animating course.- But By your self you could make a great looking 5 minute Piece In 2-8 months (Available Free Time Pending - 8H a day 2 Months. 2h a day 8months)

For Cost in Price

Moviestorm   8stars ********      Very Affordable

I-Clone          4stars ****           Quite Pricey and additional content cost a fair bit!

Blender       10stars **********   Blender Is FREE, Mind you it comes with ZERO Content Save but a 3D Cube, and you may want to pay for some plugin's, and it is possible to find or buy Pre-rigged stuff to use in blender but as far as animations go that's all you, how good are you?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally