• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:20 AM

There is a feature that I wish I had in moviestorm. Sometimes I have a background that I am going to use and set props and puppets that are green screened on top of the background. It would be great if on the camera view I could place a semi transparent background to line up the shot to make everything work right. Then Incould composite the shots outside MS. right now Inhave to shoot it, go outside and see how it works.. what do you all think? anyone else out there?

#2 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

Make a PNG (screen shot) of the background. Place it on a prim in front of the greenscreen align your shots in MS. This will take some trial and error, but you'll be working in MS instead of launching or running other programs all the time. I'm doing similar work, and that's how I align my characters.

Unless it's a moving background, why not use the PNG as your back ground and forget the green screen?  Either way you have to scale your back ground... Just a thought.

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

Not part of Moviestorm, but maybe you want something like this:

http://imageoverlayu....bitbucket.org/

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

Not part of Moviestorm, but maybe you want something like this:

http://imageoverlayu....bitbucket.org/

Wow, Ben, that is it!!. You solved my problem!. That is what I was looking for.

Checked out the program. It is only $5 and it is perfect. Setting up a green screen is super easy..

Thank you!.

#5 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

Make a PNG (screen shot) of the background. Place it on a prim in front of the greenscreen align your shots in MS. This will take some trial and error, but you'll be working in MS instead of launching or running other programs all the time. I'm doing similar work, and that's how I align my characters.

Unless it's a moving background, why not use the PNG as your back ground and forget the green screen?  Either way you have to scale your back ground... Just a thought.

Thank you for your idea. The problem is that the backgroung is going to be a constant on the shot. Depending on the camera angle and lighting, it is very difficult to accomodate. Ben has a great suggestion that solves the problem on his post. Thank you..

Pedro

#6 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:37 AM

Just wanted to show the type of compositing shot that can be created now with ease using this little utility. What it is great is that you can set the background shot on top

and move the camera to make the shot perfect. 

Attached File  CompTest.jpg   55.33KB   2 downloads