• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

Just as a side note, I believe that many of the steps for live action filmmaking can be applicable to machinima. There is a very excellant book called Independent Filmmaker's Manual by LaLoggia and Wurmfeld. It is geared to live action filmmaking, but it is the only "all-in-one" book I've ever found which guides a filmmaker through the management side of a production. I've steered many professional companies to this book, just to understand what has to be done in a live action project. For the Machinimator I believe it may help ground them in the form and function of the Industry they may be attempting to emulate.

just off to Amazon ... http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0240803892 ... thanks for the hint. Maybe we should do a referral program for "recommended reading"? :-)
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#22 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

Very cool movie!

It was interesting to see how the backdrops blended with the props. Most of the time I could not tell where the set ended and the backdrop began!

It is interesting and a bit freaky how creators can have a love/hate relationship with their work. I remember that while I was working on my movie The Innsmouth Horror (which is 15 minutes long) in The Movies how I had to kick myself to start working on it but once I was into it, I could spend hours and hours non-stop.

Thanks for the great movie Lucinda. Keep up the great work!
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

May the Muses inspire you today.

#23 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

(Toriel)
Very cool movie!

It was interesting to see how the backdrops blended with the props. Most of the time I could not tell where the set ended and the backdrop began!

It is interesting and a bit freaky how creators can have a love/hate relationship with their work. I remember that while I was working on my movie The Innsmouth Horror (which is 15 minutes long) in The Movies how I had to kick myself to start working on it but once I was into it, I could spend hours and hours non-stop.

Thanks for the great movie Lucinda. Keep up the great work!

Well thank you. The reason this happens is because Moviestorm retains the hi res display of the images you use in your backdrops and depending upon how the image is done, they can have a 3D effect. I was a step ahead because I have been creating hi res backdrops for a year now, trying and often failing because of the low quality of The Movies game engine to get my backdrops to retain the hi res quality (some of the images are resolution of 1000 KB). But now I have this wonderful tool to use.

After all what are MODS and props but 3 D IMAGES?

#24 Melopee

Melopee

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for "The Tour", lucindamc123. A good movie all along the line, truly a stunning achievement. Regrettable I could only find two hidden movies, but on the other hand they are my true favourites smile.gif
One alone does not help but
rather he who unites with many
others at the right moment.

Goethe

#25 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

(Melopee)
Thanks for "The Tour", lucindamc123. A good movie all along the line, truly a stunning achievement. Regrettable I could only find two hidden movies, but on the other hand they are my true favourites smile.gif

Well there are two more. Keep guessing. Hum a hint, the other two are also romances and are from the 1960's. They are not comedies. All the movies are set in the south US. Thanks for watching the movie. Have another one coming out tonight or tomorrow, depending upon how late I stay up tonight. My usual is to go to bed at 3:00 AM and get up at 8 or 9 AM.