13 replies to this topic

#1 robpallatina

robpallatina

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hi,

I’m currently producing an MFA short thesis film in Los Angeles, CA in June and am looking for an original 30 second ‘grand theft auto-style’ sequence (in the moviezone style).

The film is a quirky drama about a writer trying to find inspiration from his past relationships and the moviezone clip needs to show a guy (with a short beard) shooting an attractive brunette woman with a tommy gun or uzi, outside on the street. Sound is not required.

Full credit will be given and a copy of the final film will be send directly to you hot off the press. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to add to their credits, creative showreel reel and to get your work shown in a festival-bound film.

Can you/anyone you know help?

Thanks!

#2 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (robpallatina @ May 29 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I’m currently producing an MFA short thesis film in Los Angeles, CA in June and am looking for an original 30 second ‘grand theft auto-style’ sequence (in the moviezone style).

cough cough its "Moviestorm".......30 secs of footage is this a scene from a larger movie ?
some sort of context for the director may help.

The film is a quirky drama about a writer trying to find inspiration from his past relationships and the moviezone clip needs to show a guy (with a short beard) shooting an attractive brunette woman with a tommy gun or uzi, outside on the street. Sound is not required.

ok so what era is the piece set.....the street what city or continent as hong kong looks very different from london etc etc

Full credit will be given and a copy of the final film will be send directly to you hot off the press. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to add to their credits, creative showreel reel and to get your work shown in a festival-bound film.

Can you/anyone you know help?

Thanks!

hmmm tbh i'm left wondering if ur doing film related studies why aren't you making this....and list this as a great opportunity for someone wanting to add to their credits, it might be a good idea to show what you've done and any showreels demos etc...because atm it sounds like a college student trying to get the nerdy kids to do their homework. This may not be the case but you've gotta show us it's not ......and provide some real info about the movie and yourself /past work.

#3 Mneros

Mneros

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ May 30 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because atm it sounds like a college student trying to get the nerdy kids to do their homework. This may not be the case but you've gotta show us it's not ......and provide some real info about the movie and yourself /past work.

I agree with this statement. Also this type of setting is what Moviestorm is good for. Your only challenge would be lighting and camera angles, to keep the audience interested.

why would I subject myself to that work just so I can get credit, everyone in this community makes there own film with some collaboration examp: Voices. and get credit for their work anyways. My Films have had over 2000 hits and counting. I can produce my own DVD's.

I think this is the response you will get from most of the members in this community. but we are the most helpful bunch of ppl you can meet on the internet. any problems you encounter this community will be there to help

#4 robpallatina

robpallatina

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

Sorry guys if my initial post was too vague/none descript. I was just testing the water to see how feasible and easy it would be for a moviestorm animator to put a 30sec clip together (as roughly described).

Just to clarify an earlier question for rougevirus; the setting would ideally be a modern day Los Angeles street.

In retrospect, maybe i should have worded the post... "A great opportunity for a new moviestorm animator" as to not discredit those who have much more accomplished reels and past credits... but i didn't want to put off any old pros who want to get their animation work featured in a live action MFA thesis film. As previously stated, the completed short film will be submitted to film festivals worldwide.

This really is an honest creative collaboration between aspiring filmmakers and moviestorm animators, no ego or homework issues. Please reply if your interested in getting involved.

Thanks again

#5 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (robpallatina @ May 31 2010, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry guys if my initial post was too vague/none descript. I was just testing the water to see how feasible and easy it would be for a moviestorm animator to put a 30sec clip together (as roughly described).

Just to clarify an earlier question for rougevirus; the setting would ideally be a modern day Los Angeles street.

In retrospect, maybe i should have worded the post... "A great opportunity for a new moviestorm animator" as to not discredit those who have much more accomplished reels and past credits... but i didn't want to put off any old pros who want to get their animation work featured in a live action MFA thesis film. As previously stated, the completed short film will be submitted to film festivals worldwide.

This really is an honest creative collaboration between aspiring filmmakers and moviestorm animators, no ego or homework issues. Please reply if your interested in getting involved.

Thanks again

Sounds like a great opportunity to me and very easy to do with the standard prebuilt mall/street set.
Go for it guys and girls.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#6 Mneros

Mneros

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

well we have lots of shoot'em up movies which it should only take 5 min - One hour depending on the quality you want.

for example this movie (its a MS community inside joke among the experienced MS users)
tho I dont know how long to took to make this film I could guess that it only took 20 min

as for this one, I could only guess how long but for me something like this would take 3 hours

as you can see 30 sec is nothing. because it seems that all you want is for someone to Shot someone else and if that is all you want then I can have that done in 30 sec. not counting how long it takes to open the moviestorm Program.

even an newbie can do that in 5 min.

give us more of a challenge. what you ask for has been done over, and over, and over, and over again, hence the "My 1st movie Parody video."

#7 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Yeah I don`t get what you expect in 30 seconds, personally I do not think I would waste my time running moviestorm, building a set, working on lighting etc just for the sake of a 30 second clip mellow.gif

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (kv @ May 31 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I don`t get what you expect in 30 seconds, personally I do not think I would waste my time running moviestorm, building a set, working on lighting etc just for the sake of a 30 second clip mellow.gif

Making films that are only 30 seconds long is something everyone who is a filmmaker should learn to do. I did a "silence your cell phone" type ad that had to be 30 seconds long and it got submitted to a lot of ad agencies by an agent. Most commercials are 30 seconds long or even less.

And here it is:

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=100843

Here it is in hi res and hi def.

http://www.motionbox...edcb01f1ee2c587

#9 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

Thanks again

Hello robpallatina!

I think this is interesting, but I can't help but wonder why you don't just put this together yourself. It seems like a great opportunity to learn a bit about Machinima and Moviestorm.

To roguevirus' point, can you provide any more info about who you are? Do you have any films or videos you can point us at so we can have a look at the sort of work you do? That would be both fun and instructive smile.gif Also, can you provide the script for the movie this will be included in, again so we know what we're getting involved with? This should obviously include the scripted 30 seconds you are asking somebody to create for you in MS. If you don't want to post the script on the list, would the machinimator that volunteers for this be able to get it over email or PM?

As an aside, GTA is very detailed and very realistic (lots of old grungy dirty assets, great big sets, etc.) and I'm not really sure how easy it would be to come close to that in MS. It's also hyper intense, lots of action all the time. How much of that did you want re-created for your film? (actually, why not just use GTA to create the clip?)

Anyway, good luck!

rgr

#10 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Well, have a look at this and see if this will do.

http://rapidshare.co...Part_6.avi.html

#11 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

Thanks again

Hi again sorry to be a pain but the more info the better to get what you want and not to waste animators time producing unsuitable clips.

Ok LA ....day or night time ?

any clothes style should the shooter be suited assasin type / regular joe lost the plot or unkempt criminal type ?

the the woman require any special look or feel clothing wise and what length hair if important ?

and should the streetbe crowded traffic passers by etc ? or unwitnessed ?

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ Jun 1 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again sorry to be a pain but the more info the better to get what you want and not to waste animators time producing unsuitable clips.

Ok LA ....day or night time ?

any clothes style should the shooter be suited assasin type / regular joe lost the plot or unkempt criminal type ?

the the woman require any special look or feel clothing wise and what length hair if important ?

and should the streetbe crowded traffic passers by etc ? or unwitnessed ?

I am doing this as I was asked personally by Rob to do it after I showed him my films and sets.

#13 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am doing this as I was asked personally by Rob to do it after I showed him my films and sets.

oh ok we'll leave you to it and stop posting gl smile.gif

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ Jun 1 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh ok we'll leave you to it and stop posting gl smile.gif

I am working on it now and it should be finished by tomorrow if not late tonight.