5 replies to this topic

#1 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Hi Everybody,

I have the latest version of Moviestorm with a liftetime license that I purchased in May, 2017. I have downloaded many of the extra animations and props from the Moviestorm Vault and I am excited to use them as I attempt to create my first video with Moviestorm. I am able use the hand held props create by ShortFuze (the hand held props that were originally installed with Moviestorm) however when I attempt to use the hand help props created by PapaG (and other hand held props NOT created by ShorFuze) I cannot attached these hand held props to the characters.  All the hand held props appear in the list of available hand held props when I click on the "Use Prop" button, but the only props I can use are the props created by ShortFuze.  I installed the additonal PapaG hand held props by  clicking on the "INSTALL A FILE" button, then clicked the "CONTENT PACK OR MOD (,ADDON) button which then install the hand held prop into my Moviestron program. I can access these props and place the prop in a scene but the characters cannot access these props to use them prop as a hand held prop. So I have the prop but do not have the animations associated with the prop.

Do I need to complete another installation tasks to link the these hand help props (PapaG props) to their animation file.?

I apologize if my writing sounds redundant as I describe this problem I'm experiencing.  I'm just trying to be as clear as possible.  I'm new to this so, as always, your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for reading this request for help and feedback to problem solve this issue would be very much welcomed.

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Hi

You shouldn't have to add anything else, but installing the addon should be all that's needed. Not sure why they aren't showing up under the Use Prop.???

Hope someone else is able to help with this. Sorry couldn't be of more assistance.

~M

#3 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

Thank you so much for your quick response and outreach mloakley. 

-The PapaG hand held props DO show up under USE PROP selection of hand held props available when I click on the USE PROP button, for the character I want to use the prop.

- I then click on the PapaG prop from the hand help props available to choose from,  and the Use PROP Screen appears.

- I then click on the "+" button ( the button that is to the left of the " Vanish at End" button) to choose the actions to want the character to engage in with the selected PapaG prop ( for example: raise Sword, swing Sword).

- The Problem Occurs as there is No Actions attached to the PapaG prop.  I CAN place a PapaG prop in a scene but the character has no hand held access to the prop. It seems the animation is not connected with the PapaG props.

PapaG  has so many wonderful hand held props I want to add to my movies. It is a shame I cannot use them.  I hope this message provides you with a better understanding and explanation of the problem I am experiencing.  I am so new to this and I am sure the Moviestorm community has so much more experience than I to help me solve this problem. I have no experience with computer animation so it is my hope the extensive description of the problem I am experiencing will make up for my lack of computer animation vocabulary.  Again any feedback or direction to problem solve this issue is very much appreciated.

Ken

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

Ah ok I think I know what you are saying. You'll have to use the animations that are there,  there isn't a raise sword or swing sword. Just play around with the current animations and see what works for any scene you might be working on. For eg. when you have the sword, you'll choose the Draw pistol and hold with both hands, etc etc. You may have to do some clever camera shots and editing in your editor program to get the scenes you want.

~M

#5 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:31 AM

I was using the "Swing sword" as an example.  All the hand held props created by ShortFuze come with actions I can access when I click on the "+" after I had the character choose a hand held prop to use.  The PapaG hand held props DO NOT link to the "+" button after the PapaG hand held prop is selected so there are on actions to select when I click on "+" button for the PapaG hand held prop.

ken

#6 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

sorry  the previous statement should read:

The PapaG hand held props DO NOT link to the "+" button after the PapaG hand held prop is selected so there are NO actions to select when I click on "+" button for the PapaG hand held prop. Again I hope I am making myself clear with this description on the problem I'm having .  That's for your patience with me.

Ken