• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:12 AM

http://www.moviestor...&downloadId=158 To download direct use this link.

http://www.moviestor...eServlet?id=192 To watch online use this link.

A one minute movie to promote Stand Up Speak Out against poverty and inequality event to be held October 16, 17, 2007 is now released. The title is Happy Hour.

A group of 20 somethings hangs out at the local night club.

Written, produced and directed by Lucinda McNary, Starring

Lionheart, James "CPT Destroyer" Matusek, Lucinda McNary.

Music and Lyrics for "Now is the Time" by Danielle McNary

(age 13), performed by Danielle McNary.

I am really proud of Danielle and her song. She has always made up music and stories but now her voice is really blooming!!!

#2 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:27 AM

Nicely done!
(ed. comment removed- spelling corrected) I think you did a wonderful job.
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#3 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:59 AM

Very nice!

Has anyone else submitted anything for the Speak Out Against Poverty thing yet?

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

There was one other movie done here for the promotion but I couldn't get WMV to open the file and I couldn't get it to open here either. Everyone please do a movie for this. It is pretty simple - well the one I did was complex because of the number of chracters but it doesn't have to be. And I think anything that would draw attention to their website would be fine - it doesn't have to be a story or funny lines. I am going to do a few of them and I am going to do one over on The Movies Online site using their software too to help promote this.

As far as Lionheart - spelled Lionhear. I will fix it. my Keyboard keys are really sticking and I need to clean them out as it is driving me nuts.

#5 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

Very nice. Unfortunately it reflects too much of where America has gone lately. But of course that is the point of the film.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

It was supposed to be edgy and funny. I have another version of dialogue with the same characters talking differently and coming to a resolution about the problem. But I liked the funny lines and the characters. With the background of my daughter's haunting sound I thought it made a good contrast.

#7 Tom

Tom

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

Very god job.
I like to see more people are making movies for this campaign. My entry is "The Mechanism", hope it is good company with your movie.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

Yes Tom, I saw your movie too and was very impressed. You had an entirely different approach than I did and it is very effective. I plan to make more of these little movies because this is an important project and the idea is to get the information out there.

#9 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

Congrats to Loo and her crew :mrgreen:
Your moviemaking is improving all the time Lucinda!

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

(kkffoo)
Congrats to Loo and her crew :mrgreen:
Your moviemaking is improving all the time Lucinda!
Thanks, I have another one coming out today for Stand Up Speak Out, I wish everyone woud do a movie for this cause. It is really important

#11 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for that. Not only should we be making movies like this, we should be teaching one another how to make changes in our lives that can be so simple yet conserve food & water and alleviate poverty. We all know. What we don't know is how to break the cycle of habit, tradition... most of us grew up within a society based on consumption to some degree, we grew up thinking it's normal, following the example set by our parents. I'd be delighted to contribute to a movie project on this subject.

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

(bongoman)
Thanks for that. Not only should we be making movies like this, we should be teaching one another how to make changes in our lives that can be so simple yet conserve food & water and alleviate poverty. We all know. What we don't know is how to break the cycle of habit, tradition... most of us grew up within a society based on consumption to some degree, we grew up thinking it's normal, following the example set by our parents. I'd be delighted to contribute to a movie project on this subject.

I know what you mean. On my part the reason my characters were so, well apathetic ws because - it was just plain funny - I love slackers and because since I am older and have seen so much in this world, I am a bit jaded too. But at least I did something by making two shorts for this project. Unfortunately, even though both of these are only 1 minute long, they are getting very little attention on the internet in general - I post on Google, Ytube, Veoh and Ifilm as well as here and all my other movies which are all much longer have a lot more views.

And so it goes for the apathy of mankind - having just looked at a lot of pictures from a book called "The Best of Life (magazine)", particularly World War II, I am even more discouraged. Gurdjieff says we are all SLUGS - all of us humans and I am inclined to agree.

#13 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

Ah, don't be discouraged. We ARE all slugs, I agree - we settle at the lowest common denominator. However, in hard times, humankind rises up. Consider how people treat one another in the midst of a disaster, or (here in Canada) there's a blizzard... all of a sudden, complete strangers watch out for each other.
I uploaded a move for Earth Day, it's still my most little-viewed movie.

the trick is to hide the message inside an entertaining story I think.. how many of us actually choose to watch depressing show after show?

War is the end result of a total failure of diplomacy, even the opposite of diplomacy on the part of the politicians who are responsible. Such political forces should loose their right to govern when they display such aggregious incompetence..

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

People have been searching for answers for a long time. Although I tried to help promote the event, I really believe the only thing you can fix or change is yourself, not the world.. But you can make a statement and do the things you do in your own life - for me that is raising my two adopted kids - just hope they don't turn out to be serial killers - though we did let my son watch a bit of Dexter last night. HURRAY - he got bored and went upstairs and got on his Playstation. It is like trying to put a finger in a hole in a dam, the water keeps on streaming around it.

#15 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

Yes, absolutely. Change occurs from within a person. All others can do is try to give them a reason to change themselves, so it is useless to scold, or preach - it is nessessary to inspire. It is nessessary to live it as much as possible. It's deadly to be hypocritical, look what occurs with so many children of pastors, preacher couples, etc... they go wild because they're rebelling against their parent's hypocrisy. The answers are hidden by political & socioeconomic forces, who profit from herding people like cattle. If we as individuals in society gave up the desire to fit into society, if instead we were confident in ourselves, by getting to know ourselves honestly, we could no longer be herded into the profoundly twisted POV modern society maintains.
I had a discussion about the state of the environment recently - the response was about the Economy. I asked what the Economy has to do with forces of nature - absolutely nothing. Do the animals or plants have a use for the 'economy'? It is a figmnt of our imagination, something we made up a few hundred years ago (1600's or thereabouts) that is completely divorced from the reality that the planet earth exists within... and because we are totally dependant on that planetary body, just how sensible is this concern over the economy? We need to leve money, discard it - and we must discard all corporations, which are another figment of imagination, only they consume everything beautiful in the world, with no concern for the result.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:47 AM

Well I have two views about this idea of man vs earth - one is that earth, mother nature is still vastly superior. We only care about economics but the earth only cares about survival at the expense of anything else. The universe is chaos, not ordered - it is the conflict of the forces that brings creation. From death springs life. So we can only hope that this is not all there is to it - because we will decline and die too - hopefully the friction caused by the stress of daily life will ceate diamonds.

My other idea is that man is such an incredible creature - the only mammel so far that has advanced to a superior civilization - at least on this planet. Just the mechanics of the human body is fantastic and then put together with the brain. WOW.

How could such an evolution have happened and so quickly? And what else is out there that we don't know about? I marvel in the magic of just being alive - just being able to see COLOR would be enough to last me a 100 lifetimes. And that is just one thing we have - we have music, movement, dance, words.

So we worry about the state of the world - starvation, poverty - but something makes those people who suffer still want to live - there is something more to it than money and then there is much more than just this human body.