• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Not just children and animals.. which are sorely missing.

I want to see a content pack that has mophable dreadlocks.

Perhaps also a pirate pack with eye patch and parrot and variants on different styles of boats and clothes.. and different style of pirates such as 1600s Indonesian far east or 1700s Caribbean /European and Roma (gypsy) styled sets of clothing. Old colourful stylish time periods. The variety would naturally be endless.

Other people also suggest a Kung Fu/Karate pack with animations.. which is really great, and I would like that.. but what about "Yoga" animations tossed in there too, a few headstands and back bends kind of like those training segments from Starwars Empire strikes back where Luke has to stand on his head and meditate.. One always needs these parts of the story!! Its classic to the way they are done..
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#22 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Aug 14 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps also a pirate pack with eye patch and parrot and variants on different styles of boats and clothes.. and different style of pirates such as 1600s Indonesian far east or 1700s Caribbean /European and Roma (gypsy) styled sets of clothing. Old colourful stylish time periods. The variety would naturally be endless.

Oh yes, I second that - a pirate pack would be awesome! biggrin.gif

#23 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

Swords and sorcery would be great.

#24 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Thinking about a martial arts set, considering the trend about to erupt (but martial arts are CLASSIC FILMS)

I'm thinking not only the animations and costumes (including but not limited to NINJAS)
and finally interiors, imagine the whole "rice paper" style... tami mats and pebble gardens... Think also that curtain options could have new textures or styles like "paper panels". Not to mention various training animations.. (as suggested before by me, yoga animations but also other exercises).

--------------

with the Miami Set, perhaps update these interiors need a terazo floor as seen in Miami all too much (art deco) for a different and more genuine feel?
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#25 Cnhnet

Cnhnet

Film Critic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

If possible, horses, characters riding horses (in various poses and animations), swords and sword fighting animations, characters getting in/out/driving/passenger of vehicles, characters climbing ladders/walls, kinghts and armor, kings and court (middle/dark ages themed packs), drunk walk, flips, and more falls animations, and barking/growling/attacking dogs or other animals.

Thanks Moviestorm!

#26 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

I was looking for something in the women's costuming pack and noticed, now forgive me if someone has asked this, but I need a woman doctor outfit, just nice clothing and a doctor coat like for the men. Any plans for anything like that? I guess it wouldn't need a special pack for it.

Just realized also, considering I'm the type of person to ask this one.. I want to see a "Bollywood" pack! biggrin.gif

#27 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Sep 13 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking for something in the women's costuming pack and noticed, now forgive me if someone has asked this, but I need a woman doctor outfit, just nice clothing and a doctor coat like for the men. Any plans for anything like that? I guess it wouldn't need a special pack for it.

Just realized also, considering I'm the type of person to ask this one.. I want to see a "Bollywood" pack! biggrin.gif

I always wondered myself why there were no women doctors. LOL. But usually for my movies, I just show them in a business suit and that works okay. As far as Bollywood, way back about 3 years ago there was a plan to do a Bollywood addon but that got abandoned probably because everyone wanted the criminals, law and order and moving cars addons.

#28 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

I would just like to see some decent doors. Glass doors, double doors, office doors. Anything but those domestic doors I have to put on every kind of building.

#29 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

The three accidentally* sexist omissions that I have noticed are the absence of doctor clothes, coveralls, and motorcycle leathers for women.

Doctor clothes are also be useful for a female mad scientist or someone working in a lab.

Coveralls can double as a space suit, prison gear, etc.

And motorcycle leathers are just cool. But they also can serve as a space suit or clothing for a futuristic warrior.

* I know these omissions were not deliberate. We have a female soldier. I think the Moviestorm PTB had to make quick calls about which costumes to provide, and these three got overlooked. Sure, sometimes that's how sexism works. But in this case, the tiny staff of Moviestorm is scrambling to do the work of an outfit with ten times its resources, so there will simply be some things missed now and then.

I guess what I'm saying is it's entirely understandable, but I hope the omission will be corrected in the not-so-distant.

Uh, because I love Chris's Halloween and Christmas work, maybe in first quarter of 2011?

#30 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (mellowhardy @ Sep 13 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would just like to see some decent doors. Glass doors, double doors, office doors. Anything but those domestic doors I have to put on every kind of building.

Hi, depending on which packs you have installed, you may find a few more variations of doors "hidden" in the Customize panel.. I've attached a quick screenshot, which seems to include some of the door types that you have mentioned.

Attached Files

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#31 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

I just spotted this, which is both funny and a potentially useful source of ideas for updating Moviestorm's selection of facial hair:

http://www.geekologi...beards-full.jpg

#32 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 13 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, depending on which packs you have installed, you may find a few more variations of doors "hidden" in the Customize panel.. I've attached a quick screenshot, which seems to include some of the door types that you have mentioned.

Yeah, I've seen those Will. They're still very domestic kinds of doors. The police glass one would be useful but it has that police badge on it.

#33 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (mellowhardy @ Sep 14 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I've seen those Will. They're still very domestic kinds of doors. The police glass one would be useful but it has that police badge on it.

The police badge is on a simple, separate plane, very quick and easy to mod with a full alpha
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#34 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

World clothing packs so we're not stuck just modeling the "modern" 'free" world all the time. I.e. we could use some turbans, veils, etc. Clothing for impoverished, developing nations, etc.

A major world building pack. (White House, UN Building, Parliament, Eiffel Tower) anything we regularly see in movies anyway.

Bicycles and motorcycles.

Dogs and cats.

More birds (thanks for the Raven.)
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#35 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (brandon_montoya @ Oct 7 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
World clothing packs so we're not stuck just modeling the "modern" 'free" world all the time. I.e. we could use some turbans, veils, etc. Clothing for impoverished, developing nations, etc.

A major world building pack. (White House, UN Building, Parliament, Eiffel Tower) anything we regularly see in movies anyway.

Bicycles and motorcycles.

Dogs and cats.

More birds (thanks for the Raven.)

I already did Washington DC and Manhattan and a lot of city buildings, you can see them all by going to my movies page

http://www.moviestor...?u=lucindamc123

Washington DC is in my All My Mods movie that also has the download link. Manhattan is in a lot of the different movies and the city buildings are in City Days. Haven't done the Eiffel Tower yet but that would be pretty easy to do.

#36 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (mellowhardy @ Sep 14 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol I love when you tech guys go into geek-speak and I'm like 'wtf' hehe.

These are all terrific suggestions here. I am really thinking about a "city" pack. Something for major cities like new york chicago, LA, paris, france, london (we have a london loft one already), germany, russia, china, japan and mexico with some villas.

I THINK these would be fairly easy to do? I'd be such a dork over it. lol

#37 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (ehughes @ Oct 7 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol I love when you tech guys go into geek-speak and I'm like 'wtf' hehe.

These are all terrific suggestions here. I am really thinking about a "city" pack. Something for major cities like new york chicago, LA, paris, france, london (we have a london loft one already), germany, russia, china, japan and mexico with some villas.

I THINK these would be fairly easy to do? I'd be such a dork over it. lol

I like that idea about City Packs.. I think its a great idea because a city like Prague or Stockholm or such would be fantastic.. not to mention most people would like NY or London..or such.

#38 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

We also need cat ears as a prop.

And is there a way to free an action or gesture for Matrix style camera work?
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#39 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (brandon_montoya @ Oct 8 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We also need cat ears as a prop.

We do? blink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#40 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Oct 8 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do? blink.gif

Pussy galore? (Although I confess I prefer Whisky Galore, myself)

Yes, another Lux moment wink.gif
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau