• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

Well enough of my bemoaning the Modders Workshop and trying to figure out how to use some of the stuff I figured out in 1.4.3. I've been playing around with the Quick Start Tutorial - Beta 2 film. The camera movement feels much more fluid and workable. I also think the animations and characters are very tasty.

So now I'm inspired to venture into some regular narrative storytelling (no Mermans, Betty Boops or Dinosaurs this time). I really want to test drive MS 2.0 and see what she will do.

Congrats on a fantastic launch - I'll see you all on the other side.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:44 AM

I look forward to what you come up with. I have not yet tried Beta 2 as I am finishing a movie on Beta 1.4.3, but I look forward to it myself. I watched the Disneyland movie and was really inspired with your clever use of a filmed background. I would love to learn how to do this and I am going to try it. By the way the puppets look fantastic against a live film.

#3 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

Thank you for the compliments. The Disneyland film was basically a Green Screen backdrop (enlarged to fill the background) and some complimentary floor tiles to match the ground in the film clip. I then animated the cast and rendered the film with the cast in front of the green screen. Then in an outside editor (Adobe Premiere) I just did a Green Screen composite. I did some adjusting of the Disneyland live footage to line up right. And then I rendered the composite out of the editor. I did no real adjustment to the live image as the Moviestorm characters seemed to blend in with the live people.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/