• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Sorry if some of you have been having problems with checkout and PayPal over the last couple of days. It should all be fine again now.
The Moviestorm Team

#2 rhl4753

rhl4753

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

No it ain't....................

#3 Cnhnet

Cnhnet

Film Critic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hi MovieStorm,

When I attempt to purchase additional points, I get the following error message: "Unknown system error. Please try again later."

I understand that this was an issue before and that it was resolved by re-setting the cart basket for the account (or something like that). I sent an email regarding this issue about a week ago - but I still have not received a reply.

Please correct this problem with my account - or let me know what I have to do to resolve the issue.

Thanks ...

#4 rhl4753

rhl4753

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

I have the same problem with using both my credit card or paypal. I had to have moviestorm generate a invoice for what I wanted then I could go to paypal and pay for it.

Good luck

#5 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:10 AM

There has been some changes made to the way that payments are handled on the website. We're hoping that you shouldn't have any more problems, so please try again.
If you still find that you are getting the "Unknown System Errors" please pm me or email support and we will resolve them for you in any way we can.
Thanks,
Amos
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#6 tripmills

tripmills

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

I subscribed. I see it on my MS billing history, yet when I fire up MS 1.2 or 1.3 it has me as not being a subscriber.

Did I miss something, or is there some delay between payment and activation?
How come the future has to take such a long, long time?

#7 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hi tripmills.
We are currently looking into a problem that prevented some subscriptions registering over the weekend, and your account is on the list as one we need to fix. As soon as I hear that the problem has been resolved I'll post again to let you know that it's been resolved.

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#8 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Just updating the thread to add that most issues have now been fixed. If there is anyone having problems with payments, please post here or contact our support team.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#9 ssgprod

ssgprod

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Hi,

Same problem as some others. I purchased a 3 month subscription and it shows the points I got with that, but still gives me the "no active membership" message when I log in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#10 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hi ssgprod,
Thanks for letting us know. We have manually updated your account to resolve the problem so your account should now work correctly. Please post again if you need any more help.
Thanks,
Amos
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#11 juancardenes

juancardenes

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

I purchased the three month package back on april after having problems with the Monthly subcription. Three months has passed and now I am not an active subscription. my Question is do I have to renew the membership manually every time it expires ?

#12 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi juancardenes,
Yes, that is correct. The three-month and one year subscriptions do not auto renew and if you wish to continue using either of these options you will have to subscribe when your subscription expires.
There has been many changes made to the monthly subscription (which automatically renews every month), and I would suggest retrying it again as all the problems have now been resolved.
Feel free to post again or email suppot if you need any more information or if you are having problems.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#13 juancardenes

juancardenes

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Jul 16 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi juancardenes,
Yes, that is correct. The three-month and one year subscriptions do not auto renew and if you wish to continue using either of these options you will have to subscribe when your subscription expires.
There has been many changes made to the monthly subscription (which automatically renews every month), and I would suggest retrying it again as all the problems have now been resolved.
Feel free to post again or email suppot if you need any more information or if you are having problems.

I think I was charged twice because I used the Google Checkout and the paypal. I thought when I pay on google Checkout it will be reflected on Moviestorm. I saw the Checkout on Moviestorm Website and pressed the confirmation button thinking that it was from the google checkout. Last night I was on Google Checkout and found that the payment was declined, I updated the information again and the payment was made. When I check my credit card account I just found out that it was billed twice by moviestorm. Please help me, What Can I do? I was charged twice for the same price and want to know if there anyway to fix it or since two payments were made on different days it wil make the membership expires on 6 months instead of 3 ? Please help me!!!

#14 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

I see now, I've had a closer look at your account and realise what has happened...
We have refunded your initial Paypal payment and removed the second Silver Subscription from your account. Now, your subscription expires in October 2010 (instead of January 2011).
Let me know if you need anything else.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#15 zakforsman

zakforsman

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'm getting the "Unknown system error. Please try again later." message when trying to buy a subscription. Tried in Safari and Firefox.

#16 zakforsman

zakforsman

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (zakforsman @ Sep 22 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting the "Unknown system error. Please try again later." message when trying to buy a subscription. Tried in Safari and Firefox.

<-- and my avatar is not showing up even though I see it in my profile?

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (zakforsman @ Sep 22 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<-- and my avatar is not showing up even though I see it in my profile?

You might try it with Internet Explorer. I know when the server here has done whacky things, I usually could access things on the website on Internet Explorer.

#18 mng

mng

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 22 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might try it with Internet Explorer. I know when the server here has done whacky things, I usually could access things on the website on Internet Explorer.

I too am having the same problem. System Error Try back another time. Tried with Safari and Internet Explorer with same results when trying to purchase more points. Looks like the site won't take my money.

#19 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

We are aware of certain card types that are not accepted by our payment system. The "Unknown Error" usually indicates that the card is refused (sorry that the error message is so ambiguous). If you get the "Unknown Error" message we suggest that you try a different credit card or use one of the other payment methods (Paypal and Google Checkout).
Also, if you are having any problems with payment, please email support.team@moviestorm.co.uk and we will make sure that all emails are dealt with as quickly as possible.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#20 rcosgrove

rcosgrove

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 27 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are aware of certain card types that are not accepted by our payment system. The "Unknown Error" usually indicates that the card is refused (sorry that the error message is so ambiguous). If you get the "Unknown Error" message we suggest that you try a different credit card or use one of the other payment methods (Paypal and Google Checkout).
Also, if you are having any problems with payment, please email support.team@moviestorm.co.uk and we will make sure that all emails are dealt with as quickly as possible.

I have been trying to get Moviestorm 1.3 working. I have an account from 1.2.
I haven't used Moviesctorm for a few months.
I've tried to get a 7-day trial account, but I'm unable to complete the checkout procedure using my Visa credit card (it's not pre-paid) or Paypal. I don't have a Google Checkout account.
Could you please advise what I can do?
Thanks.
- Richard