• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

I've not actually used Blender, so have not tried any of this, but people ask about it every so often.

Previously, there was a Cal3D exporter for Blender which only worked up to Blender 2.49, after which blender had changed some format or other and it no longer worked.

I recently read about a Blender Cal3D exporter which says that it works for Blender 2.6

Has anyone tried this? Does it produce the Cal3D binaries that Moviestorm uses? Does it work with any newer versions of Blender?

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#2 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

I also ask the same question Does anyone have the answer, please?

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

I don't think it ever did, and since that add-on hasn't been updated since 2012 it probably doesn't work with Blender any more. Milkshape3d and Misfit3d are the only inexpensive softwares that I ever got to work properly. 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

No creo que alguna vez lo hizo, y ya que las actualizaciones no se ha add-on desde 2012 es probable que no funciona con Blender más. Milkshape3d y Misfit3d son es el único software de bajo costo que que he recibido para que funcione correctamente. 

OK, thanks primaveranz

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#5 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

Even Milkshape, last I checked, didn't have the proper exporter anymore. I had to find an old copy of Milkshape and use it.

You could probably do the same with Blender come to think of it...

C

#6 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Use Blender version 2.49, install Reachers Cal3d script for it, follow the instructions for proper setup of the model in use for export and it works fine. Blender has a repository of previous versions available for download.

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

Even Milkshape, last I checked, didn't have the proper exporter anymore. I had to find an old copy of Milkshape and use it.

You could probably do the same with Blender come to think of it...

C

You always had to download that exporter from a different location. There is a post by Chris Ollis somewhere about it. I use Milkshape 1.5 (which I think is the latest) and it has it.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 Formenligne

Formenligne

Film Critic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Multimedia, e-learning, animation

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

@bongoman

"Use Blender version 2.49, install Reachers Cal3d script for it, follow the instructions for proper setup of the model in use for export and it works fine. Blender has a repository of previous versions available for download"

I don't think running an obsolete version of Blender and the exporter script is the solution for the future. It's like keeping a horse in your driveway just in case your car can't bring you at work someday.

I am stunned that since Moviestorm rely so much on Cal3D for Modding that their Modding assets and guides are not following the parade. Especially when Blender the the opensource reference in 3D.

#9 Rolanda4

Rolanda4

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

#10 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

Sorry, the only way seems to be to keep Blender 2.49 on hand for CAL conversions. The newer CAL exporter didnt work for me.