• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Dragon*Con 2010 (Atlanta, Sept 3-6) will once again be holding machinima screenings, and they're looking for submissions. If you're interested, contact Tina Crawford Rollins on machinima@neositesolutions.com. (Don't submit via the DragonCon submissions process, go straight to Tina.)

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe!

They're looking for movies made in the last 18 months: funny, dramatic, geeky, or whatever.
The Moviestorm Team

#2 Killian

Killian

Director

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Judging by the Film Festival page, unfortunately the submission deadlinefor this years on was May 7th (http://www.dragoncon...lm_festival.php)

#3 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Killian @ Jun 19 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging by the Film Festival page, unfortunately the submission deadlinefor this years on was May 7th (http://www.dragoncon.org/film_festival.php)

Yes - the machinima screenings are separate from the Film Festival. That's why we said don't go through the Dragon*Con submission process, talk directly to Tina.

Here's a little more info from her:

Originally it was affiliated with the Dragon*Con Film Fest but it's been moved to the MMO track. Given both the different attendees as well as some RL pressures, it's morphed from a submission/contest venue to a simple screening (however, I'm pleased to say that the audience size has been growing each year). Here's a link to past screening programs: http://www.neositeso...09machinima.htm
The Moviestorm Team

#4 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

I'm happy to report that Google Stooge will be screened at DragonCon this year! Hooray!
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#5 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

We submitted Park Tennis but I got a nice mail back saying it wasn't suitable for the audience.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 13 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We submitted Park Tennis but I got a nice mail back saying it wasn't suitable for the audience.

WHAT?!! It had sport, corruption, drugs, a car chase, human / fruit love and a great soundtrack! What kind of audience is that not suitable for ? wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

I'm really not sure why they simply didn't install those handcuff seats and stand over the audience waving planks with nails in them, I'm beginning to wonder if that's what it might take, maybe Matt could suggest that idea to Tina? laugh.gif

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 13 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT?!! It had sport, corruption, drugs, a car chase, human / fruit love and a great soundtrack! What kind of audience is that not suitable for ? wink.gif

Did you have the rights to use the music? They have to be careful about things like that as DragonCon is a paid well known venue.

#9 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thanks to all of you who asked, but no, I won't be at Dragon*Con this year. It's my first wedding anniversary, so we're planning to take a trip to somewhere romantic.

If you're going, let us know how it went!
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#10 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 13 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just watched this movie. I thought it was awesome. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't be highly desirable to have in a machinima festival. I thought it was wacky and funny and really well done.

rgr

#11 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Thanks RGR, I'm glad you liked it, I hope you will watch Phil's Google Stooge, it is as well made (as always) and very funny.
I think Tina is choosing films which will won't switch off a 'Lad gamer' audience, she does her best and my impression is she would love to have a wider remit.

#12 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 14 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks RGR, I'm glad you liked it, I hope you will watch Phil's Google Stooge, it is as well made (as always) and very funny.
I think Tina is choosing films which will won't switch off a 'Lad gamer' audience, she does her best and my impression is she would love to have a wider remit.

Yes, I've seen "Google Stooge". It wasn't really to my liking but I can see its appeal.

rgr

#13 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Sorry to hear that Kate. Park Tennis is a great example of combining multiple platforms to create a seamless whole. Maybe you need more guns ;-)

#14 warmanivan

warmanivan

Wannabe film-maker

• Pioneers
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 14 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is most likely it.

As it was said before, the Machinima section is in the MMO track and the comedy second is at the end of a day filled with things from WoW and everquest.

http://www.dc-mmo.or...-schedule-grid/

#15 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Got a mail from Tina and she has looked through some past Pineapple films and come up with one which fits the festival better. This was very decent of her indeed.
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=100348
I really would not have thought to submit The Unexpected.

#16 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Aug 2 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got a mail from Tina and she has looked through some past Pineapple films and come up with one which fits the festival better. This was very decent of her indeed.
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=100348
I really would not have thought to submit The Unexpected.

Oh, but that's a great movie! I loved it! smile.gif