• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisjanes

chrisjanes

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

We've got a site license that requires a net connection to authorise itself but we've got an event coming up soon where we'd like to run some moviestorm sessions - however, the location of the event means that we won't be able to get machines online.

Is there anyway of running in an 'offline' mode or extending the authorisation for 24 hours so it'll work offline for the event?

#2 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

I dont know about the education version, but for normal Moviestorm it only requires a net connetion to log in, and then it will keep you logged in for 2 weeks during which time you can use it with no internet connection.

After the 2 weeks it will then require you to log in again, which will require internet.

#3 chrisjanes

chrisjanes

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (daleh @ Feb 18 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know about the education version, but for normal Moviestorm it only requires a net connetion to log in, and then it will keep you logged in for 2 weeks during which time you can use it with no internet connection.

After the 2 weeks it will then require you to log in again, which will require internet.

Ah, that was certainly worth a go - but either I'm missing something or our particular config doesn't allow it.

I started MS with a net connection, so was able to proceed through the launcher into the software proper. So closed it and removed the ethernet cable before restarting it. The launcher sat with the start button greyed out and didn't go any further after 5 minutes.

#4 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Edit:
Sorry, it would appear that I misled you with my last response, so I have edited it for accuracy.
It seems that the Educational version does require an internet connection every time that the software is started.
There is a solution to your problem though, please contact us at support.team@moviestorm.co.uk and we'll be happy to talk you through it.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.