• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

Es mi primera experiencia con la pantalla verde, espero mejorar   B)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zYZ7uMDsdK0

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#2 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for sharing this - it's very good and something that I need to work on 

#3 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

Good luck!.
I have little experience with the Chroma , but if I can help with anything you just have to ask . I use the Video Deluxe publisher , I try HitFilm .

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#4 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

I think you did a really nice job with the blending, the effect is really nice.

If you want to get adventurous, you could also add a layer on front, overlaying the whole shot, but in your video editing software cut it to the shape of the windshield and give it a high transparency. Then you could have the slight reflective effect of passing faintly lit objects on the windshield. It might be more trouble than it is worth, but sometimes the small touches add a lot! :) Just a brainstorm.

Once you get into chroma, it is hard to imagine working without it. Prima gave me a tutorial on here (I'm sure you could search for it) of how to layer crowds a while back and I've built off that to make really large scenes.

Here's a work in progress with about 1300 MS characters in it -- no sound, just doing the video layering, lots and lots and lots of chroma layers. A Roman general is addressing the troops in a military camp before battle.

https://vimeo.com/143948480

#5 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:34 AM

Thanks mattzart30 !  :)

Now I am experiencing the sides and front of the vehicle with the Chroma , and so far so good , I hope to upload a video soon . You're right about those little details that are so important.

Your works are really good.  video editor What use?
Greetings!

#6 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

How on earth do you have all those Roman figures without MS crashing - it's brilliant I'm missing out somewhere and the camera work my cameras won't allow me to do that - doh here 

#7 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

How on earth do you have all those Roman figures without MS crashing - it's brilliant I'm missing out somewhere and the camera work my cameras won't allow me to do that - doh here 

Green screens. i.e. chroma

only 20-30 puppets at a time. 

#8 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Right -- the Romans in that clip took me about 45 moviestorm movies to make.  I make 45 movies with chroma keying and layer them on top of each other.   There is a more detailed explanation of my process in my "mega chroma work in progress" video on here, where I replied to some questions Pedrosura made about this same thing.

The tricky part with that technique in this instance is the rolling camera.   When coming in from the north, the characters nearest the camera are Layer 1; but when coming in from the south (a different angle of the shot), the characters that were layer 1 now have to be be layer 45, so that they're way in the back.    The most time consuming part of this is not making the 45 movies, really that only took in this instance about 3-5 minutes per movie -- it is the rendering, which is a constant speed so, its going to take as long as its going to take, and then the post editing of the layers.  If I did not use a moving camera, it would be a lot simpler.  The wrapping around of the camera shots around the Roman General on horseback toward the end, for example, took me some days to adjust the layers just right.

#9 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

Your works are really good.  video editor What use?

Thank you!  I use Adobe Premiere to do all the layering.  Now that Adobe has that neat monthly subscription a la carte licensing option, I find it really useful to just pick and grab the packages I need when I need them.   Others on here use different software that they highly recommend as well.  A few quick searches would give you a good list.  There's an option from Sony that seems to be pretty popular with folks who do some high quality stuff.

#10 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:07 AM

Thank you!  I use Adobe Premiere to do all the layering.  Now that Adobe has that neat monthly subscription a la carte licensing option, I find it really useful to just pick and grab the packages I need when I need them.   Others on here use different software that they highly recommend as well.  A few quick searches would give you a good list.  There's an option from Sony that seems to be pretty popular with folks who do some high quality stuff.

Sony Vegas Pro and Mac Users also use Final Cut

#11 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:00 AM

Sony Vegas Pro and Mac Users also use Final Cut

I started off using Final Cut for Mac and found it very limiting with a frustrating and clunky UI. However, that may well just be me. Others may have had quality success.