Pirate costume mod long john silver

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hi.

I have been asked to animate a short of Treasure Island so need pirate costumes. I have all the default content packs and will search those but does anyone know of a set of pirate costumes that have been modded please.

Best wishes

Dennis

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:42 AM

Hi Dennis

I don't know of any pirate costumes available. I know there is an eye patch. The ones that used to do costumes are gone from here. I tried costumes, even messing with the puppet mesh itself and no luck. The most I could maybe do is a pirate hat. I found a couple to play around with and hope they'll be something you can use.. How soon are you needing? 

Thanks.

~M

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Thanks M. There are a couple of hats available but not the flourishing kind of captains hat that I would prefer. Musketeer/pirate boots also. There are some in default packs but attached to modern trousers so could tint the trousers black. Main problem is bare torsos as most costumes are full body and dont split into separates.

I am working on Julius Caesar and that will take at least 3 weeks probably. I could then do Treasure Island or maybe Romeo and Juliet first. So 6 weeks at least.

It all doesnt seem so important at the moment after Js awful news does it?

Den x

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

Thanks M. There are a couple of hats available but not the flourishing kind of captains hat that I would prefer. Musketeer/pirate boots also. There are some in default packs but attached to modern trousers so could tint the trousers black. Main problem is bare torsos as most costumes are full body and dont split into separates. 

I am working on Julius Caesar and that will take at least 3 weeks probably. I could then do Treasure Island or maybe Romeo and Juliet first. So 6 weeks at least.

It all doesnt seem so important at the moment after Js awful news does it?

Den x

Yes, I Know. I'm heartbroken.

I'll attach a pic of the hat if you are interested. Boots are a BIG maybe, if I could find the right boot to work with. But the hat for sure I could do as is. Yeah, their upper torsos are pretty covered. I suppose someone with 3D Max could probably do boots and perhaps a vest for a puppet. But as we know 3dmax is pretty expensive. LOL

~M

Attached Files

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

yep that looks good M thanks.

I guess its not possible to hide clothes props is it? forlorn hope!

#6 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Welcome and no it's not possible to hide clothing on the puppet. 

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:47 AM

You might be able to rig up something using the nude body options with long shorts. 

Attached Files

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

Good thinking. Tint the pants and a sword and hat and yo ho ho. Brilliant. Thankyou.