22 replies to this topic

#21 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Jan 1 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone has any other suggestions for mac users, please let me know.

No davidwww! Don't say it! Remember we all have these uncontrollable urges but "yield not unto temptation". You know it makes sense wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#22 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

One suggestion would be to use GarageBand for your audio editing; it's pretty full featured and has some excellent effects you can lay on your files -- including normalization and equalization. Plus, it's browser gives you access to a ton of included sound effects to sweeten the mix. It has a small video preview window that I've been able to use with great success, and it seems to stay in perfect sync. That said, i do my music composition in Logic Pro and do some sound effects work there, but do much of the sound effects editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and SoundBooth (which is available for the Mac after CS3).

GarageBand will allow you to output a video with the synchronized new audio track, but I find it more effective to share>export to disk my audio files as uncompressed 44.1 files. Then I can sync those to the picture in my video editor.

I've done a lot of movie producion but only a bit in Moviestorm, and I agree the codec issue is vexing. I've exported the ultra AVIs from Moviestorm and then convert them to 720p (save as>HD720P) quicktime files which open just fine in Premiere Pro.

I hope that's helpful!

MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#23 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (sfdex @ Jan 14 2010, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One suggestion would be to use GarageBand for your audio editing; it's pretty full featured and has some excellent effects you can lay on your files -- including normalization and equalization. Plus, it's browser gives you access to a ton of included sound effects to sweeten the mix. It has a small video preview window that I've been able to use with great success, and it seems to stay in perfect sync. That said, i do my music composition in Logic Pro and do some sound effects work there, but do much of the sound effects editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and SoundBooth (which is available for the Mac after CS3).

GarageBand will allow you to output a video with the synchronized new audio track, but I find it more effective to share>export to disk my audio files as uncompressed 44.1 files. Then I can sync those to the picture in my video editor.

I've done a lot of movie producion but only a bit in Moviestorm, and I agree the codec issue is vexing. I've exported the ultra AVIs from Moviestorm and then convert them to 720p (save as>HD720P) quicktime files which open just fine in Premiere Pro.

I hope that's helpful!

I will give GB a shot next chance I get. I was unimpressed mostly with reaper, but did like a few things it could do for me. I'm not familiar with the GB interface either though, so another learning curve I guess. I'll goof around some. I'm still hopeful that FCE will be able to import the image series if so rendered. There are a few tips I've found on how to do that (it's not straight forward). If not, I'll give the ultra avi -> HD720_ quicktime option a go.

Cheers,

rgr