27 replies to this topic

#21 islegmar

islegmar

Director

• Pioneers
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have already this patch installed. How can I know it? If I start MS and I go to help and check the MS' version it shows Beta 2.1.1.

Thanks a lot

Isi

#22 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Your version of Moviestorm is considerably out of date, I'm afraid. In November last year, we moved over from Beta 2 to EA 1, which requires a new installation. If you go to the download page on the main site, you'll notice that the Early Access 1.0.0 installer is there. Install this (It is a separate installation from your old version of Moviestorm, so you can uninstall that after you've checked if your old movie files work okay with the new version), and then run the auto-updater to get all the latest updates.
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#23 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

Appreciate the update! Will begin to tinker with it.

Thanks!

#24 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

(kkffoo)
Tiffany ate it when they made her work through her lunchtime, well anyway the crumbs were near her desk so it looks suspicious...

Tiffany would have had to eat it one handed as she is currenly mending her elbow following a high velocity intersection between bicycle and car a couple of weeks ago. I'll check to see if it is on her approved diet list from the doctor.
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#25 Dick Swayze

Dick Swayze

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

Tut tut, thread necromancy at its best !

#26 Drty

Drty

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

this program has advance quite significantly since i joined on.i am looking forward to further advances to make this a suitable means on producing my music videos with little or no money.being it is not all the way finish i think the creators and staff of moviestorm should give them selves a pat on the back for a job well done so far.

#27 fast_editor2001

fast_editor2001

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi,

So I was using the 1st V. of moviestorm & of course it 100% of the time crashed on the "Please wait" screen after the screen that allows you to choose between settings, new movie, etc... then saw all the great new releases :mrgreen:

Once I installed all the release (Now at 1.0.3 according to the V. # from the help window) I can actually get into a set with a character & even add new ones. However once I either try to get into the "tutorial" or try to get a character to walk some where my Mac Pro crashes again to the point where I have to hard shutdown.

So I uninstalled moviestorm & reinstalled it from scratch. It seemed to work just fine. I could get through a tutorial & make my character walk, etc...

The next time I opened moviestorm it asked me if I wanted to update a bunch of stuff so of course I said yes :roll: , but then I was right back to where I started: CRASH CITY!. I of course do not remember what it updated exactly either :oops:

I also did read the bit in the forum about the ATI drivers & cards... So I was pretty surprised that it worked (at least at one point) as well as it did.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to get it up & running?

Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time,

- T

#28 jtmrfilms

jtmrfilms

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

I installed the upgrade and now moviestorm wont work. something to do with a missing file and and debugging