• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 evyn

evyn

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Any chance of a portable version? I'd like to use Movistorm in class here in South Africa, but there is no way each of my student will be able to download 400megs. We don't have the badwidth and the connection is sometimes spotty at best.

E

#2 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (evyn @ Feb 11 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance of a portable version? I'd like to use Movistorm in class here in South Africa, but there is no way each of my student will be able to download 400megs. We don't have the badwidth and the connection is sometimes spotty at best.

E

You can try downloading to the one, then copying the whole folder to the other computers after the core and any patches download. Be sure to NOT log in to the program until after you copy it over. It won't ruin the process, but will slow things down quite a bit.

Once everyone gets a log in, they will need to access the internet once at least every 2 weeks, I believe. Not to download, it's just part of the registration process. You connect to activate, but you don't have to be constantly connected after that.

Good luck!

#3 hecroaked

hecroaked

Novice director

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (steelblade @ Feb 11 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can try downloading to the one, then copying the whole folder to the other computers after the core and any patches download. Be sure to NOT log in to the program until after you copy it over. It won't ruin the process, but will slow things down quite a bit.

Once everyone gets a log in, they will need to access the internet once at least every 2 weeks, I believe. Not to download, it's just part of the registration process. You connect to activate, but you don't have to be constantly connected after that.

Good luck!

Yeah it's kind of a pain if you don't have constant internet access. When I went home for 3 weeks around Christmas, I was working on the base pack contest, but we don't have internet, so I missed the deadline for the contest by a day dry.gif . Haha, oh well tongue.gif . Hope you can get it to work, evyn!

#4 evyn

evyn

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

I'll give it a go...