Photo

Introduce yourself to the Moviestorm Community!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hi, I'm Rampa. I live in Tucson, Arizona, am an avid cyclist, Waldorf school teacher, and have some background in 3D for medical simulators. I've been here a few days now.

I was also looking at iClone a bit. Damn! Is it overly complicated. It took me ten minutes of use to dislike it. The other real decider to go with MS was the quality of work that all of you are posting. It is really of a higher caliber than anything I've seen in the 'clone.

My first post will be soon (figuring out the cameras now), and will be exploiting the floating and falling that the bezier walk splines provide.

By the way; you can walk downhill if you walk uphill first along a spline. Just pull your character straight up mid-walk.

#22 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hi Rampa,
Welcome... and I mentioned in another post with you that I'm in Tucson, too... and there's at least one other I've met. I think you'll like the folks (users) here at MS, and the Short Fuze folks running the site/software.

#23 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi to all! :mrgreen:

I've been on here a couple weeks or maybe that's a month. Time flies when you're having fun!

I'm just starting on the modding and my first "actual" movie now that I've got the basics down. I don't have a lot of knowledge, but need any help feel free to pm me if I don't have the answer I've probably met someone who does with all the questions I've asked. laugh.gif
Cheers!

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#24 skaterkee

skaterkee

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hey all. I'm absolutely new to machinima, in fact I had an Epiphany that I could make a movie using GTA 4, thinking it was entirely my own unique idea. Obviously not after further research.

My main goal is to make my TV pilot script come to life though moviestorm, maybe to help sell it, but so I can just visualize what I wrote. Once I've got the hang of this I'll probably be after some voice actors.

#25 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to the new folks! Nice meeting you.