increase memory memory high spec pc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:53 PM

When running MS I see memory indicator advises xxx Mb of 494 Mb allocated.

I have a fairly high spec PC running

Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit

with Intel Core i3-8100 CPU @ 3.600Mhz, 4 cores etc with 16Gb RAM memory of which 11.3 Gb

available virtual memory and 10.8Gb available physical memory.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Graphics

I would like to increase the memory available to Moviestorm.

Can I do that and if so, how please?

Regards

Dennis

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Hi Dennis

You could check this thread out; 

http://www.moviestor...showtopic=16154

:)

~M

#3 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

Sorry can't help with this one

#4 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:46 PM

Hi. Theres a lot Oh history in Newark. Has its good and bad but interesting place

Regards
Dennis

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:00 AM

Thanks again M.

Interesting thread M. Might be able to get a bit more than my 494mb. Not crashing on me as when I get warning I save, close and restart. Much better then. Clears the cache I guess.

Andrew Kennedy from ms has come back and is looking at up to date stuff on this and will revert soon as he has checked it out with tech guys. Ill let you know what he comes back with.

By the way, have made a very short test movie exploring the timeline, synch movement and other stuff issues I had and that helped me to work out the answers. So, good news, I started first scene in my Q project today! Your input was vital. Just countless hours of work to do now but excited about it.

Bought the Master shot series of 3 books today. All on camera work, angles etc. Really excellent and will apply to moviestorm well I think.

Best wishes

Dennis

#6 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

Very welcome. Lots of great info here at the forums, once in a while I'll still find something I hadn't read before.  For myself, while learning modding for MS, can be challenging and  a lot of hit and misses while figuring some things out.  

Yes, that'd be great to hear back on up to date stuff. TY

Looking forward to your projects and have fun with MS. 

Glad to help when and where I can. 

All my best,

~M

#7 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

Also, these 2 topics may be useful if you should ever run into these kind of things.

http://www.moviestor...kup#entry110760

http://www.moviestor...16249&hl=backup

:)

#8 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:55 AM

IIRC, Moviestorm is a 32-bit application. 32 Bit is limited to 4 GB of system ram. 64-bit's ram limitation is 128 GB,