Photo

Well, I'll share my SOS here ... :) (SketchupReader.dll)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

I recently replied to a post and will copy my reply here; (edited here)

Well, had a SSD card installed. Windows 10, and had to reinstall many of my programs, including MS. Modder Workshop, importing Sketchup I could do, use to before the SSD. I Like the SSD, computer boots up fast. And I did a clean install of MS. Eliminated the constant crashing I used to get. Nice. Anyhow, I get the "Can't Locate or Initialise SketchupReader.dll " LOL.

And I've tried everything suggested in these threads:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=4979&hl=sketchupreader

and 

http://www.moviestor...=sketchupreader(my reply is here with some edits)

All is a NO GO, nothing, nada, kaput. Even googled, and still to no avail.

I've had Win 10 for quite a while, and it used to work, but not since the SSD install. 

So now I throw up my "white flag"  dry.png.pagespeed.ce.eXwpeKJezW.png Been defeated.  

But can import props using the nbconv, it was just sooooooo convenient using Import thru Modders Workshop. But I do have to figure out how to scale some of the models down before importing.  xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png

(Recently) I imported a "house key" using the nbconv, and when it was imported, thank goodness for allowing "scaling" and scaled it down to 10. It was HUGE xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.jZ-_dA-Dno.png , I swear, the size of the Statue of Liberty.  xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.yJVH25T4ne.png (facepalm here)

But, on the plus side, I get to have fun using some of these smiley's   xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png LOL    Ah, c'est la vie.

So I have tried all kinds (versions) of Visual C's (won't install any), and tried registering the DLL  with the cmd (nope), even installed Direct X.   

Update: I had my son also try to figure this out, as he's a computer/geek/guru of sorts (moreso than me - lol) And all bets off - my Modder Workshop will not be importing any Sketchup files anymore. 

Open to any tips or tricks please if any exist for my particular stubborn computer (lol). TY in advance.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:05 AM

Do you have a second non-SSD drive that you could try installing MS on? Might be worth a try.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

Also is it possible that you have too recent a version of SketchUp installed? Although it does seem like the message may be related to the VC libraries...

FWIW I have an SDD with Windows 10 and Moviestorm works fine...

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hi Prim,

I did also try to install on my non-ssd drive (the original C drive), and still no go.

Overall with the SSD I've been able to re-install many programs. Along with the ones that needed to be re-registered w/ license I purchased.

Moviestorm works good (got to clean up the Addon folder), just being stubborn about Importing w/ the sketchupreader.dll. 

This AM, I un-installed any sketchup's I had. I was able to reinstall the Visual 2005 version. (finally, but not sure how that came about to Install) But Import Sketchup thru Modders Workshop still isn't importing. Ugh,sooner or later, hopefully I'll get it working again.

As for sketchup I did have an older version before the SSD card, and will try and install an older version again.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments, Prim.  :)

I'll keep posting further updates as they arise.

~M

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

Well I was able to install the  Microsoft Visual C++  2005 redistributable (x64), wouldn't let me do the (x86). Still getting Can't Locate or Initialise SketchupReader.dll trying to import a sketchup model into Modders Workshop. Still unable to register the dll too.

I was hoping by finally installing the VC2005, it would automatically register it, but no such luck. 

Still plugging away at it.  :)

When I try to install the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable (x86) I get this. Pic attached

Attached File  Untitled 6.jpg   85.08KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Untitled 6.jpg   85.08KB   0 downloads

Attached Files