Photo

Voice Changer (dont use the same voice)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Was this helpful? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Was this information helpful?

1. Yes, thank you! (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No, But thank you! (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gothicnovel

gothicnovel

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

GothicNovel

Hey everyone! If you are having trouble finding some actors, then look no farther! Screaming Bee has a program that allows you too disguise your voice, and make you sound like a man, woman, anything!

There are 2 different Versions -

Free - http://www.screaming...hVOXJunior.aspx - Only gives you man, woman, and chipmunk.

You can find the rest at Screamingbee.com!!

Thank you!

GothicNovel

---- Please feel free to leave comments, and ask questions here. If you have a question over how to make it so that you can record with the program just ask me, and i can gives you instructions! ----

#2 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

Personally, I think that the voice changer has a nice place in my repitoir (and I use Screaming Bee), but I wouldn't recommend it as a substitute for a natural voice. Again, personally, I think voice actors aren't too awfully hard to find if you ask your friends, and ask for folks at this site.
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#3 ubernewbie

ubernewbie

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Fulkster @ Jun 9 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I think that the voice changer has a nice place in my repitoir (and I use Screaming Bee), but I wouldn't recommend it as a substitute for a natural voice. Again, personally, I think voice actors aren't too awfully hard to find if you ask your friends, and ask for folks at this site.

I use morphvox to and made my own setting of 'radio coms' so it sounds like someone is talking over a headset/intercom. A great little program.
Do you want some sauce, so you can EAT ME!

#4 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

For Mac users Garage Band also has an effective voice-changer; it's an effect you add in the effect chain. It has a number of presets, some are better than others.

But I'd agree, it's best to get real voices than trying to change them. But if you're in a pinch, or in a hurry, these changers can work wonders.

- Dex
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#5 yugure

yugure

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

Very cool.

If you want/need more voice actors though, as any program could have it's limitations of "realisticness", you should check out these sites:

http://voiceacting.proboards.com and http://city-escape.proboards.com and I'm sure you'll find a voice perfect for your production.

#6 hawkins_films

hawkins_films

Novice director

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (gothicnovel @ Jun 9 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GothicNovel

Hey everyone! If you are having trouble finding some actors, then look no farther! Screaming Bee has a program that allows you too disguise your voice, and make you sound like a man, woman, anything!

There are 2 different Versions -

Free - http://www.screaming...hVOXJunior.aspx - Only gives you man, woman, and chipmunk.

You can find the rest at Screamingbee.com!!

Thank you!

GothicNovel

---- Please feel free to leave comments, and ask questions here. If you have a question over how to make it so that you can record with the program just ask me, and i can gives you instructions! ----

Does anyone know if the addon voices work to change sound files or just on line in real time? I've contacted the company's Customer Service, but I haven't received a response yet. Thank you.

Jerry W. Hawkins
www.HawkinsFilms.com

Jerry W. Hawkins
www.cubicleprisonerfilms.com

#7 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

Thank you so much for this... I was wondering how to change my voice... I have just downloaded the free version to give it a go.... thanks so much smile.gif

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#8 bchtchr6

bchtchr6

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

In the MorphVOX menu of the Pro version you can morph a file. You can also get the voice splicer plug in that will allow you to split a single file into multiple voices.

#9 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Another way to tweak a voice is to use the free application Audacity (runs on OSX, Win and Lin).

Lots of effects are available, but a quick and easy way to change a voice is to open a wav file and experiment with Effect > Change Pitch.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (ed @ May 12 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another way to tweak a voice is to use the free application Audacity (runs on OSX, Win and Lin).

Lots of effects are available, but a quick and easy way to change a voice is to open a wav file and experiment with Effect > Change Pitch.

That is what i do, except that I use Adobe Audition but you can do the same thing with Audacity as far as changing pitch and speed.