Small site changes a-coming

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

I wanted to give everyone advanced notice of a change we're going to be making to the website shortly (next week or so).

As you may have noticed, the thumbnail images and the movie poster images are currently different aspect ratios, which obviously makes the posters look odd one place or the other.

As such, we'll be changing the movie thumbnails on the site so that they all display at 16:9. If you created posters at the recommended size of 320x240, you may want to recreate them at 320x180 so that they will display correctly both in the thumbnails and on the video previews.

A variety of other little changes will also be coming, so I'll use this thread to keep everyone abreast of the changes.

Thanks!

Lisa

#2 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

===================
Thanks for the warning.
Good move!
===================

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

You must be working on this today because all the movie pictures are really, really big. My page is okay but the main page - you can't see al the movies and it is kind of mixed up and some other people's pages are a bit out of wack!

#4 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

We had to change the CSS, so unfortunately you have to do a hard refresh to see the changes.

To hard refresh, the command or control key is held down while clicking on the fresh button or pressing F5. Alternatively, you can hold down the shift key, the command/control key, and the letter R. A hard refresh will bypass any cached CSS files.

#5 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

You may or may not have noticed that the "Post a new movie" link can now be found on your own Moviestormer page.

Next time we do a site update, we'll remove that link from the main Movies page. We've left it there for now so you can start to get used to the new location.

I hope you'll agree that it makes more sense on the Moviestormer page. Do let us know if you disagree, however!

Lisa