8 replies to this topic

#1 kidd8th

kidd8th

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:18 PM

Hello!

I purchased moviestorm in March sometime. I never knew this existed until around then. What I can say is I really enjoy the software. I used to work with goanimate before they became a business platform, and that animation software was extremely limited for the stories i wanted to tell. Moviestorm is very easy to use, but I guess the thing I didn't realize when I purchased it was this was an older software. I see that there probably won't be any updates in the foreseeable future. I'm just curious how many folks still use the software? I have a 10 episode series I'm going to release next month, and have my sites on a animated movie next, but with the software being out of date, is there really a big usage out there? Just curious.

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Hi again,

I still use it and I have a series I create with it. There is perhaps a handful that still produce with Moviestorm. It is an easy platform. Unfortunately I don't foresee any future updates, but overall I like it. And will probably use it until I can't. LOL

You may view my Channel to see some of the current projects I have done since I've discovered Moviestorm almost a yr ago.

Rooms & The Subway are too shorts I produced with MS this year.

Best of luck with your Episodes. Hope you'll share them here as well, would love to see them.

~M

#3 kidd8th

kidd8th

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:55 AM

I most certainly will. I'll check yours out too. Thanks for the help earlier as well! It's most appreciated!

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

You are very welcome.

There are many awesome movies here by members. Some really great series and other films. And some share some great tips, etc. on their channels.

Have fun using MS and see you around.

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:22 AM

Marilyns attitude is the right one. Its a fantastic program, but yes, updates are not certain by any means. However, use it while you can. Muvizu is still going after years being discontinued. I understand that the developers will make iMoviestorm open source if they eventually give up, so there is real hope. I have only recently joined, love the software and will invest time and effort ongoing into producing shorts. I have one just started which should be around 15 mins and hope to show case it in the New Year in time for the Oscars. Should do well in the could do better category :-)

If we all show the right spirit, the handful that Marilyn talks about will only encourage others. I see 3 newbies joined yesterday. Onwards and upwards.

#6 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

Yes, I love Moviestorm. A great platform to bring stories, etc to life. And since discovering MS, I've also learned some modding as well. Which is very cool, as I've never done stuff like that before either. To do simple Gesture animations and add props, accessories to MS and to be able to share is great. But I have to say, learning to mod isn't an easy thing. Lot of steps, trial & errors, etc. But a lot of great info here at the forums and some great folks still here to help out when needed. 

I'm a diehard fan of the software, no doubt about that. LOL

I think it's great that ppl are discovering MS and the ease of the program. 

Have fun & enjoy.

Best of luck coolwebranger on your project for the Oscars and looking forward to seeing your creations.

All my best to everyone,

~M

#7 btrugwg

btrugwg

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:05 AM

Hi there,

I just bought this software after using the demo on and off for the last couple years (what can I say 225 bucks is a lot of money). I plan to use this software until the day it doesn't work anymore. While I do not have anything to impressive to show (still learning it) its the one way I know I can get the stories in my head somewhere,

#8 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:35 AM

Hi there,

I just bought this software after using the demo on and off for the last couple years (what can I say 225 bucks is a lot of money). I plan to use this software until the day it doesn't work anymore. While I do not have anything to impressive to show (still learning it) its the one way I know I can get the stories in my head somewhere,

Welcome, btrugwg.

Glad to have you here. Looking forward to your stories with Moviestorm. Please feel free to ask questions, etc. And someone will help if they can.

Most of all, have fun, and I'm one of those too who will use it til it doesn't work anymore as well.  :D

~M

#9 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hi btrugwg

welcome to the fold.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff

regards

dennis