Mod boxes script movie idea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hi. In between making my current film project, Q, I am writing a script to adapt a true story in the newspapers about a child who builds a cardboard mum. I have looked at some stock items in MS but other than a brick and Christmas presents that might adapt, there doent appear to be anything suitable.

I need a large rectangular cardboard box for the body, a smaller box for the head, either round or square, and some tubes for arms and legs. If anybody knows of the whereabouts of modded addons for these items, please let me know.

I need to be able to group the items together preferably and pick them up.

An animated cardboard box figure would be amazing as I could then visualise the childs dreams, but thats probabably too much to hope for. Maybe I can attach some to a skeleton figure or whatever, but unsure how that works.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Regards
Hi Dennis

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Hi Dennis

As for various shapes, if you choose the Backdrops in the set workshop, which is Prim Backdrop, a box appears and you should be able to scroll thru and find various shapes to work with. But once put together they can't be picked up. And yes, animating it is a whole new world of modding. 

~M

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Thanks m. We are away at mum in law for 3 days but will give that a go when I get back home.

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Welcome. Enjoy the holidays.

Moviestorm also has a youtube site which may be helpful as well.

~M