• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

I am trying to mod a costume, I got to where it's located and guess what? It's not there. Its called Suit_Skirt. I am collaborating with lucindamc123, and she says it appears in her window. I have the latest version of both moviestorm and MW, and we can't figure out the problem. Take a look, it should appear right above Suit_Trousers.

Attached Files

#2 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (boxrocks @ Mar 26 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to mod a costume, I got to where it's located and guess what? It's not there. Its called Suit_Skirt. I am collaborating with lucindamc123, and she says it appears in her window. I have the latest version of both moviestorm and MW, and we can't figure out the problem. Take a look, it should appear right above Suit_Trousers.

Yeah there is another off-topic problem. Whenever I try to save as a new costume so I can edit it, the following message appears (see attactchment) and I don't know what's wrong with it.

Attached Files

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Make sure your modders workshop addon has been updated - the Suit-Skirt costume was in update 26493 of the Modders Workshop.
You should be able to look in the 'download' folder, and look at the patch files in there - if that update isnt one of the files there, then it isnt updated.
If that is the case, you would probably do well to uninstall the modders workshop addon, and download it again from the website - http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon

The other screenshot about the duplicate materials - in an extra confusing way, the costume you are trying to save isnt even showing the duplicate materials (for material ie 6; it is only showing material id's 0, 1 and 2).
The purpose of the error message is to stop people making bodyparts where multiple materials have the same name.
Only materials which the mesh actually uses are listed in the modders workshop, though - when we were making that costume, there must have been an earlier version of the mesh that used a material 6.

I've attached a bodypart which has the duplicate material deleted - you could put that in your modders workshop addon to replace the existing one (in AddOn/ModdersWorkshop/Data/Puppets/Female01 ) if you need to mod that costume.

Attached Files

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Mar 28 2011, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure your modders workshop addon has been updated - the Suit-Skirt costume was in update 26493 of the Modders Workshop.
You should be able to look in the 'download' folder, and look at the patch files in there - if that update isnt one of the files there, then it isnt updated.
If that is the case, you would probably do well to uninstall the modders workshop addon, and download it again from the website - http://s3.moviestorm...sWorkshop.addon

The other screenshot about the duplicate materials - in an extra confusing way, the costume you are trying to save isnt even showing the duplicate materials (for material ie 6; it is only showing material id's 0, 1 and 2).
The purpose of the error message is to stop people making bodyparts where multiple materials have the same name.
Only materials which the mesh actually uses are listed in the modders workshop, though - when we were making that costume, there must have been an earlier version of the mesh that used a material 6.

I've attached a bodypart which has the duplicate material deleted - you could put that in your modders workshop addon to replace the existing one (in AddOn/ModdersWorkshop/Data/Puppets/Female01 ) if you need to mod that costume.

Thank you, both work now.