• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Excellent Ben, that has done the trick, the chair I used as a test is a bit off but at least it works.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#22 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

This worked for me too, I was able to use the Bone from the Cell Bed (Law and Order Pack) with my Scifi Cell bed, one of the sitting posiitons lines up nicely, though the rest are all off to the side.

This brings me to ask a question Davidwww, in your first screenshot (chair1.jpg) showing your chair inside Modders Workshop the chair is perfectly centered on the red/green axis lines, with the blue verticle line coming up perfectly through the centre of your chair.

Now when I import my models in the workshop this is not the case, for my scifi cell bed the red/green lines are off centre, and thus when I use the Bone from the Cell Bed they are also off.

Can you advise me on how I set this 'axis' point in Sketchup so when my models import I can have the lines intersecting the prefered part of my model rather than as it is now where is seems random?

Would really appreciate some help on this one... smile.gif

#23 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

Well the reference chair I used was a Moviestorm one, but it should be lined up properly in Sketchup and then imported to the workshop, I have had no problems doing it this way before.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#24 Mneros

Mneros

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Thanks again Dave Maybe I can get that chair to work now. what a relief

#25 DAK13

DAK13

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jun 3 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like the orientation of the chair bones is very significant now.

However, if you have a non-animated prop (such as any sketchup import), then you can change the skeleton without any ill effects.

It is thus possible to use a skeleton that was designed for one of the other chairs in your new prop.

This involves finding the props folder after you have imported it, in a file browser.

Look for the .csf file - that is the skeleton for your prop.

Delete that skeleton, and replace it with a skeleton from a working chair (eg the attached file - no need to change the filename after you have unziped it).

Go to the modders workshop and edit the prop type to Chair, and set the bone up for the sitting pose (as previously described). Republish.

Hopefully it should then work.

Very cool Ben...Thanks for the info and to Davidwww for his tutorial!!

#26 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (DAK13 @ Jun 5 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool Ben...Thanks for the info and to Davidwww for his tutorial!!

I'm not sure if this is a change due to the 1.6 upgrade but the prop type option is now "Seat" and not "chair".

#27 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

I'm trying this and I'm having a bit of trouble getting things to line up correctly. The picture in chair1 comes out perfectly but when I look at the bones screen (chair2) the green arrow is pointing up, the red arrow is pointing in the opposite direction, and the blue arrow is where the red arrow is. I tried changing the axis to reflect chair2 but that didn't seem to affect anything. I tried rotating the chair so it lined up with those axis but when I import it it's on it's side. HELP! is an understatement.

Michael

#28 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (mcornetto @ Apr 5 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying this and I'm having a bit of trouble getting things to line up correctly. The picture in chair1 comes out perfectly but when I look at the bones screen (chair2) the green arrow is pointing up, the red arrow is pointing in the opposite direction, and the blue arrow is where the red arrow is. I tried changing the axis to reflect chair2 but that didn't seem to affect anything. I tried rotating the chair so it lined up with those axis but when I import it it's on it's side. HELP! is an understatement.

Michael

I've not been able to make this work but what I do when I want to use a prop that I have designed, i.e, bed, chair, etc. I make a Moviestorm bed invisible in the Modder's Workshop and then I put my bed I have designed over the MS bed. It will show up on the set but it is invisible to the camera when you film. Same with a chair.

#29 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

I'm still having a problem even putting an invisible chair under it in MW. For some reason no matter where I put the axis when I save in Sketchup, MW always seems to put the axis back in the centre. Is there any way to get an off centre axis when importing from Sketchup?

#30 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

There is definitely a problem with the bones. No matter how hard I try I don't end up with two bones, like the chairs even though I copy the bone file. All it says is Root under bones. I was able to get the extra bone if I copied the cmf file as well but since that's the mesh itself there really isn't much point in trying to make a different chair.

Michael

#31 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (mcornetto @ Apr 18 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is definitely a problem with the bones. No matter how hard I try I don't end up with two bones, like the chairs even though I copy the bone file. All it says is Root under bones. I was able to get the extra bone if I copied the cmf file as well but since that's the mesh itself there really isn't much point in trying to make a different chair.

Michael

The bones are determined by the .csf (skeleton) file. If there is more than one such file in your models folder, it will choose one arbitarily. So if you are replacing the skeleton, make sure you get rid of the old one.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#32 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

This does not work anymore, any reason why?

Edit, never mind I figured it out. My solution here.