• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Movie Extra wants you to submit a trailer for a web series. If you can get the most fans then you could win $50,000 to produce it.

http://www.facebook....vieextrawebfest

#2 162

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Wait...it says it's for Australian contestants only.....

Oh, wait, nevermind.

#3 gitsch

gitsch

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

In the small print:

"The Competition is open to all Australian residents. International entries to the Competition will also be accepted; however any entries submitted by non-Australian Residents will not be eligible to win the Competition."

#4 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:40 AM

Funny. I didn't even realise this was only for Australia.

How I found out about it was very strange. Upon returning to my Facebook tab, this page was being displayed, though I don't remember clicking anything that would get me there. So considering that a fortunate thing I copied the link and shared it on all the forums that I knew would be interested so I wouldn't lose the link - before reading too deeply into the rules. I'm still wondering how I got to that page in the first place.

#5 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

only way to win these contests is to have the most "friends" on youtube, fb, twitter, ad nauseum.
even the self proclaimed "Video Contest King," Jared Cicon -- who's won more major online video contests than anyone I know of -- has dedicated more than one blog post to this matter. basically, these contests are won by social networking and social networking alone. and that's just fine by the sponsors since all they're aiming for is visibility for their product. so, if you've got 50,000 subscribers and live in Australia I say go for it, mates.

EDIT: Reading the terms and conditions it seems like the social networking aspect could possibly be overturned by the judges...:

"6. Judging

1. All Trailers validly entered in the Competition will be judged during the Competition Period by The Movie Network. The Finalist Participants and (from such Finalist Participants) the Winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. The amount of votes each Trailer has on Facebook.
2. The level of positive involvement/ interaction the Trailer has from the general public.
3. The Trailer's creativity and potential as a Webseries as determined by The Movie Network."