#1 Greywolf

Greywolf

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Astronomy, Gamemaking, Filmmaking

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

Hi Moviestormers :)

The title says it (nearly). I'd like to ask you guys what you are doing with your shorts or movies? Where do you upload, showcase, sell (joking), indicate, pointing to it or just in general, how and where do you call people's attention to your work?

While working with Moviestorm is definitely great fun, it is nevertheless quite a job to make a nice piece of art. Knowing and accepting that we are working with a slightly aged software (compared to e.g. iClone or alike) and thus never will make money with the movie (which is not the intention), it would be however nice to get at least some sort of appreciation or honour from viewers. Otherwise making a movie or short feels like writting a book, just to put it on your own shelf, noone would really love to do this. In our case making a movie feels like doing it for the HDD.

Let's look to the indie gaming industry for instance. Three years ago, I made a little game with Construct, just an arcade shooter sort of game, nothing special, but it was made with effort and had a new kind of mechanic and nice backgrounds. Within two weeks I had 3,000 viewers and dozens of likes and comments, and this was only on the Scirra-channel. As such, I was willing to also check other people's work and give them my appreciation and oppinion. It's just the community.  What I am trying to say is that there are many platforms to upload your what so simple made amateur games and this means motivation, doesn't it.

I am wondering, if there is something similar in the indie (animation) movie trade, which I didn't yet come accross. Yes, we could upload it to youtube or vimeo but this is not a platform but a personal channel. Like a personal website, people will hardly have a chance to know it. Sharing here on the forum is for sure great and I appreciate this forum a lot, but as I am trying to say, aren't there real platforms out there, where indie moviemakers can upload their work to a greater community just as indie game devs are doing? I mean, we are really living in times where animation movies are litterally everywhere in the media, there must be something out there. Only, at least my recherche was negative so far :unsure:

"Nothing is real"

John Lennon

#2 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

YouTube, Vimeo etc is of course first port of call. There are also film festivals for animated shorts.

Dennis

#3 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

They are sitting in my computer unable to upload to MS!!!

I have asked for help but not answered.... :(

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#4 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

You cant upload to ms except in the now showing forum with a link to YouTube or whatever

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Nobody has been able to upload since Nov last yr.

I really like your series, A Puney Planet, sosberg. Have you considered uploading elsewhere? 

Everybody gets that error message when trying to upload. I finally gave up a few weeks ago.

~M

#6 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, Ive given up too.

Looks like I have to go elsewhere... :blink:

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#7 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:49 AM

Looks like I have to go elsewhere... :blink: -  :) If you do, I'll be happy and would love to continue watching your episodes.