mod sketchup pack fence pack import

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

Hi. Newbie to modding here. I am able to import props from Sketchup into MS ok but have run up against a problem I can't solve. I would like to import a fence set from Sketchup link as follows https://3dwarehouse....ooden-fence-setbut cant separate the various elements to publish as a pack or separate to publish separately, I would appreciate help please.

regards

dennis

#2 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

I have worked out that I can isolate each item from the set in sketchup, copy it, close sketchup, re-open sketchup, paste the item, save as vwersion 6 and then publishetc and that works so I can use the item, but is there a way to publish the set as a pack and then have separate addons for each item or do I need to carry on the long winded way I have worked out. Thaks for help guys.

dennis

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:27 AM

No I'm afraid not. You have to have separate all the bits before you import them.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

OK thankyou for response

dennis