• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:13 AM

Working on the full set of Core MovieStorm animations ( hundreds ++) to Easily build any new character for use in MovieStorm. 

todynmsmgesturedem.gif

Above testing a baby character with all the basic MovieStorm Male01 character Gesture animations written onto the baby skeleton.

MovieStrom has 2 official characters (puppets skeletons Male01/Female01) with many costumes. Nobody else has ever built a new working full character; It's possible but very time-expensive.  I have built and released 2 (Danny and Cory with limited animations) and hope to build more time permitting.

If the moviestorm company has any animations they would like to donate to me beyond the Core/Base animations I'd be pleased to use and integrate into my new skeletons. developments.

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Looks amazing, Tree. Appreciate the work you do for MS.

~M

#3 johnboy495

johnboy495

Novice director

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:36 AM

I look forward to that, thank you for your hard work.

Best Regards,

Johnny

#4 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:58 PM

AWESOME TEE!

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:11 PM

Super work and lots of effort Im sure. Much appreciated.

Ive been asked to produce a short 20 minutes animation of Oliver Twist for kids, but need animated kids for it. Still a problem?

Dennis

#6 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

Super work and lots of effort Im sure. Much appreciated.

Ive been asked to produce a short 20 minutes animation of Oliver Twist for kids, but need animated kids for it. Still a problem?

Dennis

Yes.  I understand why nobody else has done it:

Oliver Twist Kids: that would be good!

The developers made it possible to build new skeletons (puppets); it just takes a 'truckload of time' to make it (new set of animations) happen.  

I've already built 2 with their own animations sets a few years ago;A childlike character: Danny01 130cm character and Cory...

I'm Currently working on making it more easy for me to built new "Characters" for use in moviestorm.

Yesterday afternoon: Testing/seeing how "Toby01" will look with some of moviestorm's required Gaits for building a full "Character/Puppet/Skeleton" (New Skeletons can not use any of the Male01/Female01 animations within moviestorm.   )

todygaitstest.gif

#7 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

I can see that there would be a massive amount of work involved. Ive only been doing this amazing Moviestorm stuff a short while and only built a few simple props and that was time consuming enough, without all the complex mechanics of animation.
Such a shame the developers didnt make a couple of kids. It would have opened up a massive new bag of opportunities for filming. Oliver Twist, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, loads of fairy tales etc.
But a character to be viably effective, needs at minimum, the ability to move at least at a walking pace, a few gestures and of course lip synch. Doesnt sound much but as you say, a mountain of work and requisite skills.
Maybe one day .....

Thanks for response and good fortune with your endeavours.

#8 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

Updates on TOBY01: new skeleton/character 

tobywipgifks.gif

Video version of above: click here

A bit of an update on my progress on The TOBY01 Character.  100s of built animations for Toby01.
You can see from the video above the amount of new animations (Male01orFemale01 animations can-not be used for other skeletons) that were built for new character. (save your viewing time... speed at 500 times faster) Each and every animation is rebuilt to closely match the Male01/Female01 characters within moviestorm;... 

Stay tuned for more updates:

#9 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Great work. Thanks for the update

#10 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Awesome, Tree. Appreciate the update.

#11 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:55 PM

Excellent work!

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--