• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Especially for us modders, I think you may like to know, a new version (1.3.5) of FragMotion -the very capable and affordable modelling and animating tool by Fragmosoft for us people without a big wallet- is available from the official site at https://www.fragmoso...loads/index.php

It was published in June 2018, but for personal reasons, has gone unnoticed by me all this time, so my apologies if I bothering you with something everybody already knew.

However, please take into account:
- I haven't got it installed yet, and no version change log can be found anywhere, so, apart from his unaccessible author, nobody knows what are the benefits of updating.

Sorry, my fault: I have installed the new version on a VM and found this change log inside the readme file:

version 1.3.5
-removed global values from context help in script editor
-fixed wrong line highlighting when a run time error occurred in a script
-added drag and drop script handlers to create transitions between 2 animations
-added ability to select other vertices when the vertex editor is open
-added ability to select other faces when the face editor is open
-added ability to select other bones when the bone editor is open
-added face index to face editor
-added vertex index to vertex editor
-modified the checkbox behavior in the merge animation dialog
-modified the zoom limits in the old UV Mapper dialog
-added select by index dialog
-fixed crash during batch conversion when importers/exporters use lua script
-added support for wildcards in importer file extensions
-fixed incorrect ordering of shortcuts in Schema tree after a merge
-fixed Schema tree shortcut selection not showing in combo box after a merge
-fixed crash in script editor when using word completion on an object whose name contains a space

- The official forums there have been down for a long time ago, and the publisher does not use to answer to questions as of late (or this is my experience), so no tech support should be expected.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

I hadn't notice there was an updated version. I had bought fragmo a while ago and like it. I did download this new one, will have to see what the updated version is like.

Thank you, Jamm for bringing this to at least to me, my attention.

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

Anytime M. Nothing really thrilling. But it seems they have polished and/or added some minor features which come in handy, and have fixed some rare problems I've never have to deal with in my own experience.

Anyway I think it's worth updating to this last version.

PS: Two additional notes if you're planning to install this version:

* It can be installed side-by-side with the previous version of FragMotion. Every one of them will live in its own folder. Also, if your previous installation was already registered, the new on will be registered too.

* It seems they have dropped the support for .FBX files or, at least, they've forgot to include the plugin for importing from/exporting to this format. It's true, the support for this type of files was flimsy at its best, so this may be intentional. Anyway, if you'd like to keep supporting .FBX files on the last version, proceed as follows:

1. Go to the Plugin folder in your old FragMotion installation. There you'll find a file named FileTypeFBX.dll
  2. Just copy that file into the Plugin folder of the last version of FragMotion. It shoud be automatically recognized on launching

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

Yes, I like how you can use both versions, and thanks for the tip on the FBX if I should find I'd like to use that. Very useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users