#1 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

Why I ask?
- I´m on a Mac.

By using CrossOver (or likewise) I can use some Microsoft Windows based programs on the Mac.
But it seems unnecessary to have all MS to only use MW in CrossOver (though it´s not certain MW will work in CO)

Is MW only integrated in MS? Or can I have it as a separated program?

huh.gif This question is based on the "as-far-as-I-know" knowledge that MW dosen´t work well with Mac in importing from Sketchup.

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

The modders workshop uses much of the same code that makes Moviestorm, and there is not a separate version.

That said, if your modding process is about importing new things, rather than retexturing existing things, then you only need Base, Core and ModdersWorkshp addons in your install for using the modders workshop.

In a new install, open boot/boot-win.properties (if you are making a windows version, which I think you are), and edit the line
autodownload=yes
and change it to
autodownload=no
(you can still download addons from the 'get more content' menu).

The modders workshop starts substantially faster if you dont have lots of addons.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 mng

mng

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

I too would like to know too how to import Sketchup models into the Mac. The only way I can get the windows version Modders Workshop is to download windows Moviestorm and then download windows Modders Workshop. This makes it duplicate copies onto my computer and on top of that the last time I tried doing that the Windows copy of Modders Workshop seemed to stall.

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Aug 1 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The modders workshop uses much of the same code that makes Moviestorm, and there is not a separate version.

That said, if your modding process is about importing new things, rather than retexturing existing things, then you only need Base, Core and ModdersWorkshp addons in your install for using the modders workshop.

In a new install, open boot/boot-win.properties (if you are making a windows version, which I think you are), and edit the line
autodownload=yes
and change it to
autodownload=no
(you can still download addons from the 'get more content' menu).

The modders workshop starts substantially faster if you dont have lots of addons.