• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Looking great!! Love the fluidity of the movements they make.

#22 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (kv @ Nov 28 2013, 4:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking great!! Love the fluidity of the movements they make.

Really isn't that good...too much foot sliding... didn't spend much time on the walk-cycle; just wanted to get things up and running...

----------
For the few who would like to play around with the addon in it's Alpha state:
3DTree_Anaimals01 addon inside of chicka2.sharemovie

Click above picture if you would like to Try (and give feedback) on the latest Dev version:

Questions:
*How to make default Character show without clicking on costumes? In the same way male01/female01 is shown when the moviestorm's modders Addon is active. Re; I'd like to click on the character and have a default character show up.

*Why is Jogging the only gait that shows up on the timeline in-game? The info file tells me of a few missing 'gaits' that I could be using; EG. missing "walking" etc... I'm guessing that the Jogging is the only Gait 'useable'... Maybe once i add some extra Gaits, the menu to change Gaits in-game will be available.

Note: many of the gait animation files are just direct copies from the core/base animation directory used as a name reference until i can overwrite the important ones with the proper chicken animations.... Hence many unconverted animations will do nothing... These unconverted animations will be deleted later.

There is a plethora of possible animations but gladly Gait transitions are done automatically... I just have to get the animation parts right.

Happy chicken walking.
Disclaimer: I recommend not using this addon in any serious production; use for fun and testing purposes only and at your own risk....

#23 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (tree @ Dec 4 2013, 3:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really isn't that good...too much foot sliding... didn't spend much time on the walk-cycle; just wanted to get things up and running...

Questions:
*How to make default Character show without clicking on costumes? In the same way male01/female01 is shown when the moviestorm's modders Addon is active. Re; I'd like to click on the character and have a default character show up.

*Why is Jogging the only gait that shows up on the timeline in-game? The info file tells me of a few missing 'gaits' that I could be using; EG. missing "walking" etc... I'm guessing that the Jogging is the only Gait 'useable'... Maybe once i add some extra Gaits, the menu to change Gaits in-game will be available.

Note: many of the gait animation files are just direct copies from the core/base animation directory used as a name reference until i can overwrite the important ones with the proper chicken animations.... Hence many unconverted animations will do nothing... These unconverted animations will be deleted later.

All gait animations are loaded before the character is placed - Moviestorm does some calculations for stride lengths, and possibly some other things.

It appears that you have not set up Walk02 correctly (your animation file is called GaitWalk02_Loop.caf, and needs to be called Walk02_Loop.caf and there to be a republish) - without that, it cannot set up the menu for changing walks.

Then it would need the animations to be different gait lengths, so that it can determine different speeds for them.

There is a plethora of possible animations but gladly Gait transitions are done automatically... I just have to get the animation parts right.

Happy chicken walking.
Disclaimer: I recommend not using this addon in any serious production; use for fun and testing purposes only and at your own risk....

Thanks for putting this up, managed to fix a bug I had previously missed when installing an updated addon from a shared movie.

I'm noting your prewalk animations are not ideal - they should be the animation from the rest point, to the first half step.

It might also be preferable to have breathing as a much more subtle animation, and have the pecking the ground anim as a gesture - it could be set up with an Idle weighting, so that it would be selected for improvisation when the chicken is idle.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#24 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

@Ben_S; Many thanks, as always very helpful. Hopefully I'm on the right paths now.

LOL opps on adding a bad Gait ; "GaitWalk02_Loop.caf" ... Walk menu worked after fixing.
Yes, prewalks are not ideal; Also Breathing was made simple.

Hope to build another update in a few weeks....