#2 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE ($JT$ @ Nov 24 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i try to log in but it says dosent connect to movie storm.co.uk unsure.gif

Moviestorm is doing an upgrade of the server right now and it seems that people won't be able to log on until it's over. They've said it should come back on sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience - though things should be even better when it all comes back up smile.gif

#3 tycoon579

tycoon579

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Well that sucks...I just fond out about this program today and wanted to use it, but now i have to wait till tomarrow...great... dry.gif

#4 muchagecko

muchagecko

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

Good to know. I just spent the last half hour trying to get my log in to work.

I can't wait to start making movies!

#5 jminbox

jminbox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Ummmm...why does the FAQ say you can use MS offline if you can't?

I am not installing, using MS for the first time, download content packs, or upgrading; yet I am still required to be online. Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.moviestor...estorm_offline/

JM

#6 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Moviestorm can be used offline, however you need to have logged in previously online to do that. So basically I mean you will have logged in once, done whatever in Ms, closed the program, but then the next time you could be offline and start moviestorm with no problem.

#7 jminbox

jminbox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Nov 25 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Moviestorm can be used offline, however you need to have logged in previously online to do that. So basically I mean you will have logged in once, done whatever in Ms, closed the program, but then the next time you could be offline and start moviestorm with no problem.

Yes, once I've logged in, I don't have to manually log in again. When I start Moviestorm, at the top it says that I am already 'logged in'. So, I understand that I don't have to manually log in, however, it does seem that I am logged in (connected through the Internet) when using the program.

To illustrate this, I clicked the "Log Out" button when MS launched and the "Start" button became disabled.

The issues I'm concerned with is that I may not alway have an Internet connection. Does this mean that I will be unable to use MS?

Thank You

JM

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (jminbox @ Nov 26 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The issues I'm concerned with is that I may not alway have an Internet connection. Does this mean that I will be unable to use MS?

I'd be interested to kinow for sure what the answer is here because sometimes, e.g. if I am working in the Modders Workshop and close it, my logon to MS is lost.

So my understanding is :-
Yes you can be logged in without an internet connection but my guess would be if the"cookie" (or whatever other mechanism is used) gets cleared (e.g. by using CCleaner), and you have no internet connection, you are out of luck.

MS Guys?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#9 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (jminbox @ Nov 25 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, once I've logged in, I don't have to manually log in again. When I start Moviestorm, at the top it says that I am already 'logged in'. So, I understand that I don't have to manually log in, however, it does seem that I am logged in (connected through the Internet) when using the program.

To illustrate this, I clicked the "Log Out" button when MS launched and the "Start" button became disabled.

Thank You

JM

Moviestorm was designed with precisely this situation in mind. It needs to log in to our servers to verify your licenses and find updates, etc. However, since you may not always have an Internet connection, it allows you to stay logged in and use it offline provided you've been online in the previous 14 days.

We'd suggest you don't log out of Moviestorm unless you're on a shared computer and actually need to switch users. That way, if you aren't connected to the net, you can carry on using it without the need to log on when you start it up.
The Moviestorm Team

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 26 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it allows you to stay logged in and use it offline provided you've been online in the previous 14 days.

And it doesn't depend on cookies which might get cleared out?

#11 jminbox

jminbox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 25 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It needs to log in to our servers to verify your licenses and find updates, etc.

I would be willing to pay for a license that does not need to be verified over the Internet. A "Check for Updates" button (very common) could be included for people paying for this type of license.

Just my $.02. smile.gif (I'd be willing to pay more than $.02 for the license) wink.gif

Thank You

JM

(Availability has value)

#12 muchagecko

muchagecko

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (tkd27 @ Nov 25 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Moviestorm is doing an upgrade of the server right now and it seems that people won't be able to log on until it's over. They've said it should come back on sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience - though things should be even better when it all comes back up smile.gif

I still can't log in. Are they still doing the upgrade? I had hoped to create something for class Wednesday. Is there any chance I'll be able to log on before then?

#13 3superkids

3superkids

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

I have the same problem!!! If I don't get it to work I'll fail my project!!!

#14 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

The log in system has changed, and 1.1.7.1 will not log in anymore; you would need to install 1.2 to be able to log in.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#15 bj450

bj450

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Nov 28 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The log in system has changed, and 1.1.7.1 will not log in anymore; you would need to install 1.2 to be able to log in.

Please change it back, I have a classroom full of students and the new version does not work for about 5% of them. I find it strange that it is so hard to stick with an older version if a user is comfortable with it, and it is stable why not let it remain in use until all the bugs are out of the new version?

#16 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (bj450 @ Dec 6 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it strange that it is so hard to stick with an older version if a user is comfortable with it, and it is stable why not let it remain in use until all the bugs are out of the new version?

In fairness to Moviestorm, the software is still in Beta so it is pretty much at "users own risk" at the moment. although obviously everyone tries to help where they can.

#17 mattyvwh203

mattyvwh203

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

i downloaded the latest version 1.2 and im still unable to login

#18 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (mattyvwh203 @ Dec 8 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i downloaded the latest version 1.2 and im still unable to login

Other possible causes of not being able to log in include:
Your computer clock might be substantially wrong (ie months out) which would cause the https login to fail.
You might have a firewall that is blocking javaw.exe (which is how Moviestorm appears in the Windows Task Manager).

It might help us determine what is going wrong if you find your boot.log in your Moviestorm user folder (in C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm on WinXp, or in [Username]/Moviestorm on Vista or Macs)
Zip up the boot.log and attach it to a reply post. (Or rename it to boot.txt and attach it).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#19 mattyvwh203

mattyvwh203

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Dec 9 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other possible causes of not being able to log in include:
Your computer clock might be substantially wrong (ie months out) which would cause the https login to fail.
You might have a firewall that is blocking javaw.exe (which is how Moviestorm appears in the Windows Task Manager).

It might help us determine what is going wrong if you find your boot.log in your Moviestorm user folder (in C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm on WinXp, or in [Username]/Moviestorm on Vista or Macs)
Zip up the boot.log and attach it to a reply post. (Or rename it to boot.txt and attach it).

i'll have to look later since i have to go back to work. i have an imac. i don't know if it's my mac because i was able to log in a few days ago before upgrading to the new version. i hadn't used the program in a while so i downloaded all the updates at the open screen. then i saw an html link for 1.2 so i downloaded that and followed the instructions. the program opens, but i'm not able to use it because i can't log in. hope this info helps.