• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

A still of the rough cut of a set-in-progress I am working on for a brief animated short I'm setting to one of my string quartets.

Attached Files

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

Cool!

How do you manage to build those awesome sceneries? I take a look at your sets, then look at those of mine and I want to wail.

Congrats, Matt.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:52 PM

Thanks!  The waterfall is driving me crazy.  I think I need to put in a lot of single-rock structures to give the waterflow a less-blocky shape -- round it out by putting some non-straight-edged props in its path.   It becomes really distracting when you see the water animated as the straight lines end up catching the eye more.

Tree gets credit for -- well, the trees. :)  He has released lots of really lovely detailed tree props.  

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

Thanks!  The waterfall is driving me crazy.  I think I need to put in a lot of single-rock structures to give the waterflow a less-blocky shape -- round it out by putting some non-straight-edged props in its path.   It becomes really distracting when you see the water animated as the straight lines end up catching the eye more.

Tree gets credit for -- well, the trees. :)  He has released lots of really lovely detailed tree props.  

I'm eagerly waiting for the final result. Indeed you've managed to attract my attention: a short movie depicting a pastoral-themed scene to illustrate a string quartet, my absolute favourite chamber music formation.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

It looks very impressive and laborious. Can't wait to see what you do with this one :)

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#6 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

Wow! that's beautiful.

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"