• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Christos

Christos

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

I have been building a couple of sets and have come across a few annoying bugs that I'm not sure has been been brought up. I'm not sure if it's just me having these issues, but:

- For some 'Click here to place your own image' objects, the custom image you placed there disappears when you exit MovieStorm and then load your movie again. It can get annoying having to put back all the images that disappeared all the time.

- Wall coverings that are placed where windows or doors are sometimes reverse sides. Even if you change it back, it happens again when you exit and load the movie again. Refer to the picture below.

- I don't get an option for changing the colour of the wall where a window or door is placed. This means I have to delete the window/door, change the colour, and then put it back. Weird thing is, sometimes the change colour option is there in the window/door properties pop-up and sometimes it's not.

Anyone else had these issues?

#2 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

The user Image disapearing was an issues a while ago but got fixed, I think there might be some info somewher in the forums about using images of certain sizes only etc for it to work propely?

As for the other bug, no, I have never seen that happen. Doors/windows etc in walls take the colour/texture of the wall they are in.

You might be having a graphics driver issue, make sure MS is updated to the latest version and that all the add-ons you have are also updated, MS should do this automatically when you run the start window, that is usually if it needs to update there will be an 'Update' button next to the 'Play' button.

Make sure you graphics driver is upto date, if none of this helps you probably need the help of SF staff, but its the weekend now, so you might have to 'bump' this thread come Monday.

#3 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

I've had the same problem with the wall textures around the windows swapping, but I've never had to delete anything to recover the originals.

Is that happening because you are 'painting' them rather than applying a texture? You may be able to get around that by applying a plain tintable texture, then changing the colour afterwards.

PN

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#4 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

I sometime have the same problem with doors/windows. I thinks this is when you clone a door/a window. When you clone it, it's ok but when you load the movie the cloned thing as reversed painting.
Sorry in advance for my bad english^^

#5 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

I've also had the issue with tinting doors and frames. I'm up to date on my graphic card drivers, too.

Frustrating thing is that it seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#6 Christos

Christos

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

Everything is up to date: MS, addons, graphics card. It's just one of those things I guess.

#7 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

You can put me down for having the door frames issue. Fireplaces, too. Very annoying. I'm on a decent graphics card (NVIDIA 8400) with updated drivers, FWIW...

#8 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

That's strange, none of you can solve it? For me I just had to delete and recreate the same item and then it worked fine.

#9 Christos

Christos

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Walvince @ Jun 6 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's strange, none of you can solve it? For me I just had to delete and recreate the same item and then it worked fine.

The thing is when you exit MS and load it up again later, it goes back to being flipped. So you have to change it back to normal everytime. It's easy to fix, but it goes back and needs to be fixed again basically.

#10 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

Yep I know, if I changed it the problem was still there after a new loading. But If I recreate completely the element it was solved. If really it doesn't work maybe you should try to delete completely the wall and do it again.

#11 Christos

Christos

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Walvince @ Jun 7 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep I know, if I changed it the problem was still there after a new loading. But If I recreate completely the element it was solved. If really it doesn't work maybe you should try to delete completely the wall and do it again.

Ah, right. I deleted the whole wall, built it again and put in the windows and it seems to be OK now. Hopefully it stays that way. smile.gif