• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 overactor

overactor

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

I have this idea for a movie where a base has been established on mars and several thousands are living there when a massive solar wind hit the earth.
The movie would be set about 30 years after this solar wind, there is no contact what so ever with earth and it is accepted that the people on the mars colony are the only remaining humans.
The base on mars has dwindled into a western like society. The main character is someone who was born a bit after the solar wind and is somewhat of an outlaw within this society. He gets into contact with a group of people who believe there is still life on earth and are trying to get back there. The people in charge on mars don't like this idea too much and don't tolerate speculations about life on earth.
In the end, the main character and a few others make it to earth and find that the remnants of human civilization are being conquered by nature. And it is beautiful.

I'd love some feedback or input on this.
If needed, I can elaborate a bit on certain specifics.

#2 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (overactor @ Oct 9 2013, 7:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have this idea for a movie where a base has been established on mars and several thousands are living there when a massive solar wind hit the earth.
The movie would be set about 30 years after this solar wind, there is no contact what so ever with earth and it is accepted that the people on the mars colony are the only remaining humans.
The base on mars has dwindled into a western like society. The main character is someone who was born a bit after the solar wind and is somewhat of an outlaw within this society. He gets into contact with a group of people who believe there is still life on earth and are trying to get back there. The people in charge on mars don't like this idea too much and don't tolerate speculations about life on earth.
In the end, the main character and a few others make it to earth and find that the remnants of human civilization are being conquered by nature. And it is beautiful.

I'd love some feedback or input on this.
If needed, I can elaborate a bit on certain specifics.

I assume you mean a massive "solar flare" or "solar corona ejection". Yeah! I like this idea! Assuming the Earthling inhabitants of mars require no environmental suits., maybe do a narration by voice or text at the beginning of the film explaining Mars had been terraformed or seeded with plants and atmospheric enhancers over time to make Mars habitable for the colonists. I wouldn't make it too wordy or you'd lose your audience, but just enough to explain why they don't have to wear environmental suits. That's just a suggestion. It's your brain child and I am sure you will do it the way you feel it needs to be done. But yeah - sounds interesting.

#3 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Sounds like a Great Storyline to me. I like it.