• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Daleh, I was trying to help you, not argue with you. Why does everything think I am arguing when I am only trying to help? And I too have a lot of software, some of which is very expensive, that I would like to be different.

#42 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 23 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was trying to help you, not argue with you. Why does everything think I am arguing when I am only trying to help? And I too have a lot of software, some of which is very expensive, that I would like to be different.

I think if you look carefully you will see I put a 'Wink' and a 'Smile' in both of my posts... smile.gif and made a little joke at the end at my own expense, I think that should be enough to indicate anything I said was light hearted and not too serious.. rolleyes.gif

#43 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Nov 23 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think if you look carefully you will see I put a 'Wink' and a 'Smile' in both of my posts... smile.gif and made a little joke at the end at my own expense, I think that should be enough to indicate anything I said was light hearted and not too serious.. rolleyes.gif

Oh I didn't notice. Sorry, I am oversensitive. But I do hope you get Moviestorm to work better for you. I don't know why it always works so well for me as I have an older computer. Sometimes I think I have a "magic" computer. But also I don't have anything on this computer except film making, music, sound and art related programs. I don't have any games installed and I don't play them on this computer either. That might make a difference in performance.

#44 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 23 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Matt: That's correct. It's to do with licensing issues - not something I'm going to go into any detail on in public.

Ohhh... I guess that also explains why the Halloween heads is absent. I understand, but that's also unfortunate.

#45 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

Very timely, my first year is almost up. I will have to scan the Theme bundles to see if any of them have any packs I haven't already bought outright, but the full purchase theme is an outstanding value IMO, even if I have all the packs already. Lifetime no login/modshop addons, plus future 1.x upgrades - nice.

Thanks Moviestorm

-- Reacher

#46 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

The promo on the Subscription Plan page reads - "Buy or rent our theme bundles, or go complete. To access even more packs..."

My first impression was you're only buying packs, not the program. Since "bundles" is also listed as "Ready made bundles" under content packs on the same page and nowhere on the page does it state you're buying the Moviestorm program outright (other than stating "base core" in the bundle description -Will everyone even know what that means?) it may be less confusing if it stated something like "Purchase Moviestorm and Theme content packs all in one!"

$75 to buy MS outright, with 11 packs, is an amazing offer. When MS gets caught up with animations so we can move on from the "non-action talkie" MS movies, that's the plan Ill get.

Until then! smile.gif

#47 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Still think it's a shame there's no Music bundle, as in the Bob and barn and Soundfactor music, maybes its a licensing thing?

Also, in the future, as more content packs are released, will more bundles featuring new as yet unreleased packs be added to the selection, or the exisitng bundles altered to include new packs..?

#48 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:54 AM

I'm so uncool I'm hanging out for the Boxed set....

Where do you find out when your sub expires again?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#49 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (daleh @ Nov 23 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still think it's a shame there's no Music bundle, as in the Bob and barn and Soundfactor music, maybes its a licensing thing?

Also, in the future, as more content packs are released, will more bundles featuring new as yet unreleased packs be added to the selection, or the exisitng bundles altered to include new packs..?

If you go to the page in the main post (https://www.moviesto...riptionsServlet) it should tell you your current plan and when your next payment is due.

-- Reacher

#50 alonzo11208

alonzo11208

Master Director

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Nov 23 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The promo on the Subscription Plan page reads - "Buy or rent our theme bundles, or go complete. To access even more packs..."

My first impression was you're only buying packs, not the program. Since "bundles" is also listed as "Ready made bundles" under content packs on the same page and nowhere on the page does it state you're buying the Moviestorm program outright (other than stating "base core" in the bundle description -Will everyone even know what that means?) it may be less confusing if it stated something like "Purchase Moviestorm and Theme content packs all in one!"

$75 to buy MS outright, with 11 packs, is an amazing offer. When MS gets caught up with animations so we can move on from the "non-action talkie" MS movies, that's the plan Ill get.

Until then! smile.gif

QUOTE, BUY and PRINT!

My feelings pretty much exactly.
Shadows of Fire
Shadows of Fire Encyclopedia

Creater of Shadows of Fire

#51 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (daleh @ Nov 23 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's a licensing issue. Sorry.

The Moviestorm Team

#52 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Nov 23 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to clarify, After Dark is not included in any of the bundles, as that would mean we'd have to sell it as an age-restricted product. You have to buy that separately and certify you're an adult.

Firstly, I think this new model is really excellent. I just renewed my old style yearly, but mostly because I'm lazy and that was easy.

On the adult thing though -- we just need to prove we are of age, yes? I mean, I can still watch Sponge Bob, can't I? (not while using After Dark, I mean in general wink.gif )

#53 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Nov 23 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry about the confusion. We're no longer listing bundles of just packs. Bundles now include Moviestorm, the Modders' Workshop, and a number of packs.

The Moviestorm Team

#54 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

Looks like a good plan, I'm seriously invested ( 3 month subscriptions till 2004) so switching isn't much of an option.
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#55 brandon_montoya

brandon_montoya

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

A mix and match deal OR just being willing to privately work out a mix and match deal with a customer might be a good way to deal with those of us who have nearly everything and are only partially tempted to the $75 purchase.

At the moment I'm within $150 of owning all the 3D content you've put out as it is...

(Going by buying the old 3 mo. subs and using the points.)
Music, movies and more:
http://www.healthyinsanity.com/

#56 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Reacher @ Nov 24 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you go to the page in the main post (https://www.moviesto...riptionsServlet) it should tell you your current plan and when your next payment is due.

-- Reacher

Thanks Reacher . I didn't spot it in the small print first time through smile.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#57 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

So ... (because I'm nominally Australian, and therefore a bit slow) - just to triple clarify - ALL the packs we've 'purchased' previously (whether through points, or money under the very old pricing options before points and subs were introduced) will continue to work if we buy one of the $75 bundles, even if those particular packs aren't included in said bundle, correct ?

The only thing which will 'expire' are packs we've rented, if rental isn't renewed.

What about unused points from existing sub ? I have around 8000 points at the moment on my existing sub (sub expiring end of December) - if I purchase one of the outright bundles for $75, will my existing points be forefeit or will I continue to hang on to them even though I will no longer be on a sub to use when new content packs come out ?

#58 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (czechboysonic)
just to triple clarify - ALL the packs we've 'purchased' previously (whether through points, or money under the very old pricing options before points and subs were introduced) will continue to work if we buy one of the $75 bundles, even if those particular packs aren't included in said bundle, correct ?

As I understand it, yes. The $75 is basically a buyout on the core app.

The only thing which will 'expire' are packs we've rented, if rental isn't renewed.

Right.

What about unused points from existing sub ? I have around 8000 points at the moment on my existing sub (sub expiring end of December) - if I purchase one of the outright bundles for $75, will my existing points be forefeit or will I continue to hang on to them even though I will no longer be on a sub to use when new content packs come out ?

The points remain on your account, and can be applied toward future content. You'll just no longer get "freebie" points periodically (monthly/quarterly/annually/whatever) added to your account; if you need more, you'll have to buy them.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#59 procureagent

procureagent

Master Director

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Where and how do we obtain "Voucher Codes" (as shown on the Checkout screen)? Also, have you considered allowing people with an accumulation of points to trade these in for a discount on the purchase price?

#60 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (equinoxx @ Dec 9 2010, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I understand it, yes. The $75 is basically a buyout on the core app.

Right.

The points remain on your account, and can be applied toward future content. You'll just no longer get "freebie" points periodically (monthly/quarterly/annually/whatever) added to your account; if you need more, you'll have to buy them.

Thanks Equi - in lieau of an 'official' reply from MS, I've gone ahead and forked out for one of the new packs (since sub expires on 29th December) smile.gif Went the box pack ... I hope MS will be around for a looong time to come ... but just in case, it's good to have the 'piece of mind' knowing with a boxed version it won't need to contact the server periodically to keep working if the unthinkable should happen and the site were ever to go balls up smile.gif